Chrome's own password manager overlaps 1passwordX

Options

Previously 1PasswordX was the one on the front so I could choose easily. However, now chrome's password manager get's over 1PasswordX so I can't click on it. I would like to have the both option enable but at the same time I would like to see 1PasswordX on the front. Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @kerimfiga! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Do you happen to recall when this changed for you? I'll admit that I have 1Password set as my default password manager, which then disables Chrome's password manager, so I didn't notice it myself. I'll go ahead and report this to my team, although I'm not sure what we'll be able to do on our end. We do always suggest sticking with one password manager, so I'm curious why you're needing Chrome's enabled in addition 1Password.

ref: dev/core/core#718

• beam
    beam
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    I have the same problem with the chrome autofill sugestions for about one week now with Chrome 79 on Windows 10 . I disabled Autofill to circumvent the problem. But its no real solution if you like the autofill.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for sharing your experience as well, @beam. What do you generally find yourself filling with Chrome's autofill feature? 1Password X has the ability to fill Logins, Credit Cards, and Identity (name, address, email, etc.) items, so I'm curious where having Chrome's autofill enabled comes in handy.

• beam
    beam
    Community Member
    Options

I don't need the autofill. It just didn't bother me until last week. But in fact the interface looks much cleaner since I disabled it. But I think you should try to solve the problem because the 1PasswordX dialog isnt visible below the autofill box because its much bigger than the chrome password dialog. I just knew from experience that it should be there. For new users this could be a bad experience.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@beam – I see. The issue was reported to our developers when this thread originally began, so it's on their radar. I appreciate the feedback!

This discussion has been closed.