Site will not fill in Username field, due to field name on site being different

Options

So, the issue is this, I have a Library card and their site (https://virl.bc.ca) uses Barcode in place of a Username (the actual value in the field is a number string); it was saved into 1Password without issue. But when using the saved login, the website will not use the field value from 1Password and so, I have to manually copy and paste it in (be in on my Mac or iPad).

Any suggestions how this could be addressed?

Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password.com
Referrer: forum-search:Change Login Username field

Comments

• BH1P
    BH1P
    Community Member
    Options

Is this because the field name changed after the initial 1Password entry was created? In 1Password 4, you could edit the field names and fix this. I can't understand why this was dropped in later versions but it was. If this is your issue, then try this:
    1) Edit your existing library entry in 1Password and delete the website URL information.
    2)Open the library site on your browser and log in by cutting and pasting your username and password.
    3) 1Password should prompt you to create a new entry. Save it. This will create a second entry for the library site. Give it a different name than the first.
    4) Log out of your library site
    5) Try using 1Password to log in to the library site again. If it works, delete the original 1Password entry and you are good to go.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @BlackMacX ,
    In addition to BH1P's suggestions, you can also try to save a new login manually: https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/
    Then see if that new login works.

• BlackMacX
    BlackMacX
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. That helped well.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it! :)

This discussion has been closed.