FSAstore.com checkout auto-fill of credit card puts data in wrong slots

I'm running 1Password X 1.17 on Brave Browser on a Mac. When I try to use 1Password X to auto-fill a credit card into the FSAstore.com checkout box, it pastes the credit card number into the expiration date field [1], and the expiration date into the Security Code field [2].

If there's a better way to report suboptimal behavior for a particular web site, I couldn't find it in 1 minute of googling.

[1] If your credit card number started with 4567 89..., the date that would display would be "45/67"
[2] If your expiration date was 01/2023, the security code field would read "Expiry Date (01/23)" and the web site would complain that you should "please only use numbers"

1Password Version: X 1.17
Extension Version: X 1.17
OS Version: macOS 10.15.2
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alanhoyle! I appreciate you getting this on our radar. I'm seeing the same, so I went ahead and filed an issue for our developers. I also noticed that the 1Password X inline menu doesn't appear in the credit card field, so I reported that as well.

This'll be the best way to report any suboptimal behavior in 1Password X. Often times, we'll be able to come up with a workaround for you, but that's not the case here. Your best bet for getting the expiration date and CVV filled correctly will be clicking and dragging each value to the proper field. We'll work towards coming up with a solution on our end!

ref: dev/core/core#726

• June
    June
    Community Member

I'm using a Pixelbook. The date fields on 1Password are four digits for the year and two digits for the month. So if my expiration date is 10/24, I enter it on 1Password as 2024/10. It only fills in one or the other, either 10 or 2024, not both.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @June! Are you noticing that behavior on every website where you fill your credit card info or specifically on FSAstore.com?

• June
    June
    Community Member

Hi Kaitlyn I just happened to search this topic. It's on all sites. I've had 1password a long time but just tried using it for credit cards. The fields don't fill properly. Sometimes the zip code field fills out blank, sometimes the month field fills with the year in it, etc. It might just be Amex, I haven't tried my other cards yet.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@June:

Thank you for the confirmation. When you run into a website that behaves like this, please let us know the full URL and we will be happy to test those websites as well.

This discussion has been closed.