Mac Chrome extn no longer tracking sites, or autofilling; it has become dumb. Tried all fixes.

Options

Am using 1Password 7 and the Chrome extension on a Mac running Catalina 10.15.2 . Extension has lost most of its functionality. Appears in the browser but does not track visited site, offer any fill, and only partially fills on autofill. In effect it is no longer integrated and has become virtually useless. I have checked that both browser and extension are fully up to date. Removed re-started and re-installed - but no change. Need help or I will ditch 1Password for my family.

1Password Version: 1 Password 7 vers 7.4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: ???
Referrer: forum-search:Mac Chrome extension useless

Comments

• Hey @TimAllen -- thanks for stopping by the forum. I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing here. Can you please verify that under 1Password > Preferences > Mini, you have "Open 1Password to" set to Suggestions and not All Items?

• TimAllen
    TimAllen
    Community Member
    Options

Wow - problem solved!!! But I would never in a month of Sundays have connected the 'Mini' settings with the browser extension.....however, delighted to have normal service resumed. Big thanks!!

• 1Password mini is the window that appears when you click the extension icon in your browser — the extension is merely the bridge between your browser and the desktop app and what allows the actual filling to happen on a website. :smile: I'm glad that did the trick; you're very welcome. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.