Reinstalling 1Password 6.6.1 on a new iMac results in "Your saved data appears to be newer...."

Options
MattRobinson
MattRobinson
Community Member

Hello. :)
I have a new replacement iMac after my 9-year old iMax died.
I am licensed for standalone operation of 1Password 5 and 6.
When I reinstalled 1Password 6.6.1 from my backup install Pkg file, it installed OK, but when I attempt to run it, it fails with "Your saved data appears to be newer than this version of 1Password can use. Please update your copy of 1Password to its latest version." It then forces me to quit.

I went and got the 'latest', but it was version 7. I could briefly access my data in read only mode, but it was asking for money to open up the full version. I don't want to go to a subscription model.

I then removed 1Password and found a version 6.6.3 Pkg install, but it also fails with the same message.

How can I determine which version I need? I don't want to go to version 7. Is there a way to find out what version the saved data expects?

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 6 re-install problem on a new Mac

Comments

• MattRobinson
    MattRobinson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi guys. Ignore my post. I found a version 6 which works! :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MattRobinson - glad to hear you were able to get yourself up and running. The final version of 1Password 6 for Mac was 6.8.9, which you can download from either our downloads page (down near the bottom, in the "using an older computer" section), or you can always visit our version history server, if you need specific older versions of 1Password. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.