1Password extentions and 1Password Mini not working

jinxed
jinxed
Community Member

Hi guys!

I just wanted to give a heads up on the following: on my MacBook Pro, running MacOS 10.13.6, better known as High Sierra and the latest version of 1Password7.

1Password Mini (the icon in the upper bar of the screen, where also the time and date is displayed) doesn't open a screen to login or to show passwords when logged in with master password. Clicking on the icons in the browsers Safari and Firefox doesn't work either. No pop-up with passwords (when logged in) or message to login.

December the 17th I had no problems. Yesterday, December the 18th, I installed two OS updates: security update 2019-007 and Safari 13.0.4. After those updates the problems described above occurred.

Firefox extension is version 4.7.5.90

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90 (Firefox)
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• I would recommend shutting down your OS and restarting. I've seen a few times in the past where things don't work right after an update. A restart will clear out any cobwebs in the machine and give it a clean slate to start with. It's also possible the Firefox browser is awaiting an update.
    Incidentally, this is an approach I use for iOS anytime I do an update. After it completes, I wait ten minutes and then manually restart.

Please let us know if a restart helps, and be sure to check for those updates.

• jinxed
    jinxed
    Community Member

After the update I did restart, but after a few more restarts, things seems fine now :)

Thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jinxed - on behalf of ag_tommy, you're quite welcome. Glad he was able to assist. It's good advice generally after something like an OS update (or even browser or other less-crucial software): if things that should be working just aren't, step one should be a restart. Sometimes installers don't clean up properly or background processes don't get restarted. A restart is easy and not very time-consuming...and if problems persist after you do it, then at least you'll know you aren't just going down a rabbit hole.

This discussion has been closed.