Chrome browser extension on windows hot key constantly breaking

cbracken
cbracken
Community Member
edited October 2012 in 1Password 4 for Windows
Hi,

I use the chrome browser extension at work and it seems that the hot key to autofill a website (ctrl+\) stops working every other day. It will then start working again (usually) after a few days. Clicking on the browser extension button still works. I use this same extension on my mac and I have never had any problems. Any ideas?

Cameron

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2012
    Welcome to the forums, Cameron! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

I moved your post from the Mac Extensions forum to the Windows forum.

The keyboard shortcut is controlled by the Helper. Next time you have the problem, please try restarting the Helper from the main 1Password for Windows application by selecting Help > Restart 1Password Helper from the menu bar. Does that help?

Now, the trick is to figure out what is happening to the Helper on your machine. It should not be necessary to restart it with any regularity.

We recently updated 1Password to include a fix which I think may be beneficial here.

when Windows comes out of standby, the agent/helper is going to re-establish the keyboard hook.

Can you confirm for me that you are running 1Password 1.0.9.304?
  • rocksinmypockets
    rocksinmypockets
    Community Member
    edited October 2012
    I have this problem very regularly using the 1Password extension in Chrome on my MacBook Pro running OS 10.8.2. I've followed the troubleshooting instructions successfully on multiple occasions, but the problem simply recurs.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2012
    Welcome to the forums, rocksinmypants. Since this is the Windows forum, the problem you are having is not related to the current topic. 1Password for Mac works very differently from 1Password for Windows. Please email us a Diagnostics Report so we can better assist you:

support@ agilebits .com
This discussion has been closed.