Master password fail

Options
dakeeper
dakeeper
Community Member

Had noting but great experience with 1PW. First thing today it would not accept my master password. Tried everything, checked the CAPS key, copied and pasted from notepad. No dice. Managed to get in with same password on laptop syncd with dropbox and did a panicked export of all items in a PIF in case of disaster. rebooted the iMac and it works. thank goodness. But this was not fun. Why did this happen and does it happen to others often?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Mac 10.15.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @dakeeper

I can only guess that it was an update to the OS? or maybe some file was in use by Dropbox, and the restart cleared that. Those two things would be prime candidates for the issue you describe, in my opinion. I wish that I could provide a better answer for you, but that's not possible. We don't have enough conclusive evidence to build a working theory.
    Thank you for reporting the issue you saw. We welcome all such reports because every report will help us narrow down the problem if it becomes a broader issue for our users.

If it happens again, please take note of as many details as you can from right before it occurred. However, I suspect this was a transient issue and you many not see it again. :)

• dakeeper
    dakeeper
    Community Member
    Options

can rule out any updates to the OS. no change there.

• :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.