1Password overlay beneath focused input field blank/empty on first try

Occasionally, when I navigate to a tab that logs me out after a certain duration (AWS, in this case), 1Password X will show a blank/empty overlay beneath the focused input field when I switch over to the tab. It looks like this:

After I unfocus the input field and put the cursor back inside it, the overlay fills with the proper suggestions -- it's just that occasional first time that it has no content.

I'm using Firefox 71 and figured this could have been related to the pinned issue at the top of the forum, but this is not happening when I click the extension's icon, it's simply the inline dropdown itself on a given webpage. I'm not using private browsing nor am I clearing my private data/history, so I'm assuming it's something else.

(Apologies if this is a repost -- I tried searching your forums and kept getting what seems like an HTTP 500 error)

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 1.7.0
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hey @atraver, thanks for reaching out. How recently did this issue crop up for you?

• atraver
    atraver
    Community Member

It only started happening once I upgraded 1Password X to version 1.7.0.

• Hey @atraver! Thanks for the clarification. I just tested timing out on a few different sites that log you out after a certain period of time and wasn't able to reproduce this. May I trouble you to inspect the blank inline menu next time this happens and check the console for errors? To do so:

1. Right click in the blank inline menu.
    2. Choose Inspect.
    3. Choose the Console tab.
    4. Either take a screenshot and attach it or right click in the body of the Console tab and choose Save As.

Thank you!

• atraver
    atraver
    Community Member

Unfortunately, no relevant console statements are displayed, and the dropdown disappears when I open the Inspector, so it's difficult to see if something's happening in the DOM.

I'll note that this usually occurs when I wake my computer from sleep, and the tab is inactive.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@atraver – After you wake your computer up from sleep, do you have to then unlock 1Password X? Also, do you have any other extensions installed in Firefox? I want to try to get my setup as close to yours as possible to see if I can reproduce the issue. I haven't seen it happen before, so I'm curious to learn more.

• atraver
    atraver
    Community Member

I have 1Password X set to not automatically lock, so it's always ready for use (unless I close/restart Firefox, obviously).

As for other extensions, I have uBlock Origin and Multi-Account Containers installed, but the former is explicitly turned off for application sites like AWS, since I want to ensure it doesn't accidentally affect the HTML for trusted sites. As for the latter, I do use AWS in two separate containers, but I've seen this happen in both my "default" container (i.e., no explicit container is set) as well as my secondary container.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting me know. I'll play around with Firefox tonight/tomorrow and see if I can reproduce it after putting my computer to sleep a few times.

If it does happen for you again, I'm hoping you can grab your 1Password X log shortly afterwards. You can find our guide that explains how to obtain your log here. I'm not too sure what it'll tell us, but we may find something useful. I'll keep you posted on how my tests end up going.

This discussion has been closed.