1Password X in Firefox 71.0 issue

Options
kaydee
kaydee
Community Member
edited December 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

I use both Chrome and Firefox on Windows. The password manager works correctly on Chrome. But, for any website that Chrome works correctly (1password fills the usernam/pass correctly), on Firefox I do get the prompt to select the user profile but the username and password are not populated. I tried on multiple websites and same issue. I do see the 1password icon in the browser.

What might be going wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaydee
    kaydee
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed that Firefox works for most sites but not some. One of the sites refuses to populate the username/pass even after I select the correct profile

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kaydee,

Could you please specify the name and the version of 1Password extension that you use in Chrome and Firefox? This info will be helpful.

Additionally, you can share an example of the website where it doesn't work, and we will take a closer look. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• kaydee
    kaydee
    Community Member
    Options

The 1password-X version in both Firefox and Chrome is 1.17.0 (Last Updated December 22, 2019)
    The website having issues in Firefox is citibank.com (https://online.citi.com/US/login.do). On this site, 1password shows me the available login ids and lets me select one. However, once I make a selection, the username and password are filled in,

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kaydee,

Since you are using 1Password X, I moved our discussion to 1Password X category. I hope you do not mind.

Are you saying that 1Password X works correctly in Chrome, but in Firefox 71 +, your credentials are not filled in, when you select the Login item? Please confirm.

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• kaydee
    kaydee
    Community Member
    Options

Greg,

That's correct. 1passworf fills the creds correctly on Chrome but not in Firefox, for Citibank.com

• kaydee
    kaydee
    Community Member
    Options

The 1password-X version in both Firefox and Chrome is 1.17.0 (Last Updated December 22, 2019)
    The website having issues in Firefox is citibank.com (https://online.citi.com/US/login.do). On this site, 1password shows me the available login ids and lets me select one. However, once I make a selection, the username and password are NOT filled in,

• Hey @kaydee — Thanks for reaching out. I wasn't able to reproduce this issue on my machine. Can you try re-saving the Login item for citi.com using the instructions here?: Save a Login item using 1Password X. Let me know if the new Login item fills.

• kaydee
    kaydee
    Community Member
    Options

Cecelia,
    I tried your suggested approach and still see the same problem. The login fields are not getting populated. It would be good to look at this in a (webex, gotomeeting, etc.) session and figure out what is wrong.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2020
    Options

@kaydee – Thanks for giving Cecelia's suggestion a try; I'm sorry to hear it didn't do the trick. We don't have an option to screenshare with you, but I'll do my best to walk you through each step. I've tried filling on Citi's website in Firefox using 1Password X version 1.17.0 as well, but I haven't had any trouble. Could you take a look at your Citi Login item in 1Password and make sure you've got a username and password stored inside?

I also want to make sure we're following the same steps to fill on Citi's site. Please follow these instructions to attempt to fill and let me know what happens on each step if it still doesn't work for you.

1. Open https://online.citi.com/US/login.do in Firefox.
    2. Click inside the User ID field.
    3. Directly underneath the User ID field, you should see the 1Password X inline menu. Click your Login item there.

I created a screencast for you so you could see exactly what I'm doing; you can check it out here.

Let me know how you get on!

• kaydee
    kaydee
    Community Member
    Options

Kaitlyn,
    I figured out what was happening. The site had a remembered userid for my login and that userid was pre-filled. When I try to use another id, the 1password auto-fill wouldn't work. I removed the remembered userid and now the auto-fill works correctly. Thanks for your help.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kaydee – I'm glad to hear that! If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to reach back out to us. :)

• kaydee
    kaydee
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kaitlyn,
    I am back again with another issue. On libertymutual.com, I see an error from the website with the autofill from 1password. The message is

We detected a defect in your browser's auto-fill process. We have purposely cleared your username and password to resolve it for you.

Please re-enter your username and password to login. When prompted to save your information again, you may select yes and your issue will be resolved.

This happens with both Firefox and Chrome.

Let me know what additional info you need to diagnose the issue.

Thanks in advance
    -k

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @kaydee! I'm glad you reached out. I don't recognize that error based on the text. Would you mind taking a screenshot for me as long as it doesn't contain any personal info?

• kaydee
    kaydee
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kaitlyn,
    I am back again with another issue. On libertymutual.com, I see an error from the website with the autofill from 1password. The message is

We detected a defect in your browser's auto-fill process. We have purposely cleared your username and password to resolve it for you.

Please re-enter your username and password to login. When prompted to save your information again, you may select yes and your issue will be resolved.

This happens with both Firefox and Chrome.

Let me know what additional info you need to diagnose the issue.

Thanks in advance
    -k

• kaydee
    kaydee
    Community Member
    Options

Two pictures attached

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kaydee:

Thank you for the screenshots. Can you please share with us the full URL where this is happening so we can test it here too?

• kaydee
    kaydee
    Community Member
    Options

libertymutual.com and then click on 'Log in' button at the top right corner

• @kaydee

I am not seeing that behavior here using Chrome and Firefox. I saved a login through 1Password X, and attempted to fill the data, which was successful. * I don't have a true login, and could only test with made up data, as login credentials.

You second screenshot appears as if a username is not being entered. Can you verify a user name is stored in your login?

• kaydee
    kaydee
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana,
    Thank you. Somehow, the profile was missing the login id and that lead to the weird error message. Fixed my login profile and all is well.

• :+1: :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.