Master password no longer works

Options
synedra
synedra
Community Member

My system was working well, and I just updated to 1Password 7. All of a sudden today the master password has stopped working. I don't have my secret key for the website. The same master password works correctly on my iPhone. I even changed it there, and it still doesn't work on the mac. The vault file seems to be gone, I'm left with the agile keychain but of course I can't import it because I can't log in.

This is a critical problem. Please help me fix it.

Kirsten

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey @synedra

We don't answer questions regarding account's in the public forums. This is for your safety and security. At some point in our discussions, I believe it may include account-specific details. So, I would like to have you send in that email to us at support@1password.com or by visiting the contact us page.

Once we receive that, we can maintain a direct line of communication.

• Breski
    Breski
    Community Member
    Options

Kirsten, I have the same problem and was wondering whether you ever got a resolution with 1Password support team?

• Zatara214
    edited January 2020
    Options

Hey @Breski,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Just to ask, are you seeing the exact same issue, with one device working and another one not working? If so, I'd definitely recommend following Tommy's advice and heading over to the contact page to shoot a message directly to the team. It may just be that you're syncing your data to more than one location at once.

ref: QJG-43624-393

• Breski
    Breski
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Zatara for responding to my query. The issue has since been resolved. It was down to me inadvertently creating a second master password during the process of upgrading my Mac to 1Password7. I had not realised that the password that I was asked to create for the online 1Password Membership element doubled up as the master password.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2020
    Options

Thanks for updating the topic and sharing the resolution. Maybe it will help someone in the future. :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.