To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Second Vault switched back to wrong master password

daegu4u
daegu4u
Community Member

Hi all!

I have 1Password for Families with two users, my mother and myself. There are two separate vaults--mine, which is used across all my devices--and my mom's, which she is logged into on her Mac Mini and her Android phone.

Thanks to @brenty's help six months ago, I was able to separate the vaults and have different master passwords for each. However, I was updating a saved login (which did not get updated in 1PW) on her phone today and the app forced me to log into 1PW again using my email address, secret key, and master password. I did this using my information, since the secret key and main 1PW account are in my name, and it seemed to be fine. However, now when she tries to fill in any login on her phone, it rejects her master pw and only unlocks with my master pw. This isn't the setup we want and I'm unclear as to why it pushed my master pw back onto her device. To be clear, all her logins still exist in her vault and I can see them without a problem. The issue is that her phone no longer uses her master password. Any ideas? Many thakns!

1Password Version: 7.3.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 6.0.1
Sync Type: 1PW account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @daegu4u!

I was updating a saved login (which did not get updated in 1PW) on her phone today and the app forced me to log into 1PW again using my email address, secret key, and master password. I did this using my information

It seems like you replaced the user account used in the app from hers to yours, which would explain why the app prompts you for a different Master Password now. If you open the 1Password app on her device and go to Settings > 1Password Accounts, what do you see there? Is it your login or hers?

• daegu4u
    daegu4u
    Community Member

Hi ana!
    When I access Settings > 1Password Accounts, it displays "[my name]'s Family" with my email address. I just signed out of that and used the setup barcode to sign back in as her, and it looks like I'm good to go. Thanks! An easy fix, but I wouldn't have found this on my own :-)

• @daegu4u

I am glad ag_ana was able to help you. On her behalf, you're welcome.

Let us know if we can be of assistance.

This discussion has been closed.