Using an(y) authenticator and using Yubikeys?

jmjm
jmjm
Community Member

I have yet to try |P....I am trying to think of _things _in advance so there are less surprises once I trial it.

I really like using the open source authenticator AEGIS. Can I assume there shouldn't be a problem using AEGIS in conjunction with 1P? (rather than using Google Authenticator or even the Authenticator that comes with 1P)

And soon I will be taking delivery of a couple of Yubikeys.

I thought I have read that enabling 2FA on a 1Password account with a YubiKey requires that one also use the Yubico Authenticator app
:(....is this true?

I have an Android (10) phone. Do you know of any "issues" unlocking 1Password on such a phone using the YubiKey 5's NFC feature?

Thanks in advance for your expertise.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jmjm!

I really like using the open source authenticator AEGIS. Can I assume there shouldn't be a problem using AEGIS in conjunction with 1P? (rather than using Google Authenticator or even the Authenticator that comes with 1P)

We haven't tested AEGIS for 2FA, but if it works like every other authenticator app, it's completely separate from 1Password. If you let this app handle 2FA instead of 1Password, 1Password lets you handle this completely separately if you wish.

I thought I have read that enabling 2FA on a 1Password account with a YubiKey requires that one also use the Yubico Authenticator app

I don't believe this is the case. Can you please point us to where you read this so we can take a look? Thank you!

I have an Android (10) phone. Do you know of any "issues" unlocking 1Password on such a phone using the YubiKey 5's NFC feature?

I am not an Android expert, but I don't think 1Password on Android supports Yubikeys yet. There is support for the lightning Yubikey on 1Password for iOS, but I don't think there is something like this on Android at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.