2 Factor Auth to be added to this support forum please

BeardBorg
BeardBorg
Community Member

After recent compromise that poped up in 1Password for agilebits.com can 2 factor be added to the site for extra security?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Add two factor to support forum

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BeardBorg!

Thank you for your feedback :) The last time we checked, Vanilla were still considering adding this feature for admin accounts. As you can see, the discussion is quite old now, so I am not sure if there have been any updates on that front, I could not find anything about 2FA for regular accounts.

• BeardBorg
    BeardBorg
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana,

Thank you for looking into that and finding that discussion, that is pretty old I dont imagine they are picking that up. If you have in house devlopers for the Vanilla forum site, Vanilla forums have documention on creating your own addons if the developers wanted to try creating there own 2FA for the site too.

Thank you,
    Thomas

• We do not have that resource at this point. Perhaps as our team continues to grow we can look into having someone dedicate some time to such tasks. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

• mdoz
    mdoz
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

Extremely disappointing response from the Agilebits I used to know. "Perhaps"? "look into"? REALLY??!! You're a security software charging a fee.. Going all in with Apple Keychain which is now better than 1Password--and FREE.

• For what it's worth, this forum is entirely independent from 1Password membership accounts. 2FA here would have no bearing on the security of your 1Password data. We don't discuss anyone's account details here. Any conversations requiring the exchange of any information about a specific account are directed to private email.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, @mdoz. I'm sorry to hear we've let you down. Best of luck with iCloud Keychain. If you change your mind at any point we'll be happy to help.

Ben

• LASTPASS
    LASTPASS
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

2 factor is really horriable on 1Password. Ya’ll better off w/ [redacted]. A much more robust, user friendly and customer centric 24/7 not like these folks here, [redacted] customer service

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2020

@LASTPASS

I'm sorry to hear you've had a poor experience with 2 factor authentication with 1Password, but that isn't what this thread is about. This thread is a request to add 2 factor authentication for support forum user accounts, which are entirely independent of 1Password itself. Please review the forum rules before posting here further. Advertising of competitors is not allowed, and neither is profanity. If you're having difficulty using 1Password we're happy to help but that behavior won't be tolerated here. Specifically:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this community to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, otherwise in violation of any law, or in any way disruptive to the core purpose of this support forum.
    You agree adhere to all of these these guidelines in order to participate.

and

Please also note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this community.

Once you've reviewed the rules, please feel free to start a new thread or email us if you'd like help using 2FA with 1Password.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.