Can't seem to use 1st family member-login with her own password

mdelcour
mdelcour
Community Member

I just updated from single to family. Trying to install 1password on my wife's computer, I keep needing to login with my password and not her's which I did generate and confirmed. After installing the app on her computer, her password does not work, I need mine to open the app, but that is not what I want, I want two separate vaults. Please tell me how to install the app on her Mac and letting her password do the trick. (I already did deinstall the app 3 times and try to find my mistake during the installation, but every time the first thing I need to do in the app is login, and there her password does nothing while mine opens the vault without a problem (entering my vault on her computer).
Hope you can know what I did wrong.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.4.1
OS Version: OS 10.15.2 (Catalina)
Sync Type: server 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:Can't seem to use 1st family member-login with her own password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mdelcour:

Trying to install 1password on my wife's computer, I keep needing to login with my password and not her's which I did generate and confirmed.

Can you please clarify this a little bit? Why do you say you need to login with your credentials, if that's not what you want to do? Can you not enter her credentials instead?

• mdelcour
    mdelcour
    Community Member

Sure: I have 1PW for many years, as does my wife. Both used version 6 for a long time. Last year I transfered to 7 and she kept on using 6. Now, installing her new computer, I upgradet my version to a family version and (prior to that) did not install 1PW on her computer.
    After the upgrade I wanted to install 1PW 7 family on her new computer and give her her own fault (assuming I can later migrate her old info to the new).
    The installing process of the family version with her own fault on her new computer is the problem. I can't seem to install a version on her computer with her (already generated password after logging in on my online account) password. I read the steps and retried 4 times. First uninstalling the program completely, than invite her per e-mail and download... but the first thing I need to do after I installed the software on her computer is to unlock 1PW... Her password does not work, mine does.... but that is not what I want. I want to create her own fault. And now I have no idea how to do it right.
    How to start over? Her's is empty and the info is on her old computer (did not migrate to her computer) so uninstalling and reinstalling is no problem (as long as I know how to, as my thoughts are not right).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the clarification @mdelcour!

First uninstalling the program completely, than invite her per e-mail and download... but the first thing I need to do after I installed the software on her computer is to unlock 1PW

Please make sure you start over within the 1Password app completely: uninstalling and reinstalling won't be enough, as 1Password will remember the existing data. If you start over, however, you will be able to login to the app with the correct account ;)

• mdelcour
    mdelcour
    Community Member

ag_ana thanks. I knew it was something simple... Fixed, thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mdelcour, you are very welcome! :) I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• mdelcour
    mdelcour
    Community Member

Sorry that is it, the rest is working perfect. Thanks again. Going on to a 1derful 2020!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's great to hear! A Happy 2020 to you! :)

This discussion has been closed.