1Password X won't fill in username/id

Options

Hi - I updated to Catalina and have started use 1Password-X. There's one site for which the extension refuses to fill in a username or account number. The site is https://www.tsp.gov/tsp/login.html

The password fills in fine. This may have something to do with the page after the account number/ username and PW is filled in - the next page then asks for a method of sending a verification code (SMS or email)

Any help with this site would be great - I mostly use Brave, but I have the same problem in firefox and safari

Thanks, David

1Password Version: 7.4.2-beta 1
Extension Version: X 1.18.0
OS Version: OS X 10.15.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @DXF1! Thank you for getting this on our radar. I have a different theory – I believe it has to do with the fact that the username field has a type of password. Now, that's the case unless you click the "show" button. That results in the field changing to a type of text, which is much more typical for a sign in form. Once that small change happens, both the username and password fill ask I'd expect. Can you give that a try for me and let me know how it works for you?

• DXF1
    DXF1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - you're onto something, but the field actually has to have a 'Hide' to be able to auto fill. But in the meantime, I've played more with 1password-x and have found that it's actually just easier to drag the account number from the extension over the field.

thanks for the suggestion - it's great to know that people are reading these forums

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah – that's interesting, @DXF1. Now I'm wondering what I did to tweak my item that allowed it to fill after selecting the "show" option. Can you try following these steps and let me know how it works out?

1. Click the 1Password X icon in your browser toolbar.
    2. Click the + button, then select Login.
    3. Fill out something similar to the screenshot below, but you're welcome to use your actual credentials.

Note: It'll be crucial that you include the website URL in the item.
    4. Save the item.

After that, go ahead and open https://www.tsp.gov/tsp/login.html and click the "show" option in the account number/username field. Then, click the 1Password X icon in your browser toolbar again and click the Autofill button next to the new item you just created.

• DXF1
    DXF1
    Community Member
    Options

Kaitlyn - thanks for the help. I think I didn't quite understand your suggestion about the show/hide change. After I changed it so that the account number shows in the fill-in box, 1P-X works fine.

Thanks, David

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DXF1 – I'm glad to hear that ended up helping. If anything else comes up, I'll be here for you! :)

• rtvanhook
    rtvanhook
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem on the same website. OSX Catalina, but Safari works fine, and the problem is with Chrome and Firefox. And the same two workarounds exist: @kaitly's select "TSP Account Number" and click "Show", or @DFX1's cut and paste of username.

Same problem with my old login, as well as a newly created test login as @kaitlyn suggested.

However...both browsers are common, and and both workarounds are an extra 2-3 unnecessary clicks.

I can't believe that @DFX1 and I are the only users affected. TSP has 5.5 million participants and over half a trillion dollars in assets.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey there @rtvanhook! I see where you're coming from. The workarounds you mentioned are the best I've got for now, but I'm aware that they're still workarounds nonetheless. The issue is on our developers' radar, though. I'll update you here if I have any news.

ref: dev/core/core#775

This discussion has been closed.