1password 7 has gone backwards and is frustrating to use

Options

Hi Agilebits people, I've been a user of your product for years and previously found it to be genuiely fantastic and worthy of accolades. I'm writing this out of frustration after having paid for the v7 upgrade I can't believe how problematic it is. Earlier version used to work seamlessly and do exactly what it was supposed to with out being a hassle.

Since moving to 1Password 7 there have been nothing but problems and it's driving me crazy. It's like you've released an untested product and undone all the good work and reputation that has previously won your product so much praise. Can you please get serious and fix it before you reputation is tarnished any further?

My operating environment is:

• Version 7.3.2 (70302004)
  • 1Password Store
    macOS Catalina v10.15.2

• Chrome Version 79.0.3945.88 with browser extension

• Safari Version 13.0.4 (15608.4.9.1.3) with browser extension

Problems include:
1. Auto fill is inconsistent and unreliable often needing manual entry
2. The 'go' button doesn't work, does not go the site at all and just makes 1p flicker
3. Credit card fill is inconsistent often needing manual entry
4. The App Store vs 1password store installation is a complete mess - perhaps I've inadvertently done something here which is the cause of my issues.

In summary, I feel like the number of times I need to manually enter details for logins & credit cards that it defeats the purpose of the product.

Regards
Les

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @lesadams ,
    I think you are experiencing several issues simultaneously, so I'd like to go over a few things and see if we can make the situation better.

Firstly, please download and install the latest 1Password version from our website: https://1password.com/downloads/
    That should upgrade you to 1Password 7.4.1

Secondly, there's currently a known issue with Chrome in which "open and fill" doesn't work properly, so I suggest you change the default browser on your computer to Safari until we release a fix. You can do as follows:
    1. Click the Apple logo on the top left side of your screen and select "System Preferences".
    2. In the new preferences window that opens, select the "General" icon on the top left side.
    3. In the center of the settings list, you will be able to change the default browser. Change it to Safari.
    4. Close the window, and try to open and fill now, see if it actually opens the website and autofills for you.

Regarding websites that you're having issues autofilling in - are these specific websites that it always happens in? If so, can you please share the links to these websites here so we can test them?

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

Secondly, there's currently a known issue with Chrome in which "open and fill" doesn't work properly...

Hi there, hope you don't mind me jumping into this thread, but I've recently been having a ton of problems with open and fill on Chrome and came to the forums to see what was up. Is there a rough timeline on when a fix might be incoming? I used to run the beta, and would consider going back to the beta if it's fixed (or even significantly improved) in the beta and if it will take a while for this to be released in production.

Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@EnerJi:

The new beta includes a fix for this ;) It was also submitted for the stable channel, but hasn't been approved it (as this normally can take a while). If you would like to give it a try now though, you can download the beta extension here.

This discussion has been closed.