LegacyServerError: Operation is not permitted.

As others have seen in the past month, I too am now getting this error when trying to login into my.1password.com

1Password Version: 1PasswordX
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: OSX 10.15.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Houdini7
    Houdini7
    Community Member

If I try to use the Mac app to add my 1password account, I get the following error
    The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.agilebits.onepassword.b5server.legacy error 101.)

• Hi @Houdini7

Did you recently make any changes to your account, particularly with regard to 2FA?

Ben

• Houdini7
    Houdini7
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

I just tried again, and it is now working.

It must be related to one other issue I saw others were having where 2FA was failed too many times in some timeframe.
    Clearly the error message needs improvement on all platforms :)

Specifically I did not change 2FA directly, however I was logging in on a machine (via chrome) that had not been booted up in 18months, and I know it had a very old version of the extension on it, and likely an older password.
    So it's possible that that caused some limit to be hit.

Craig!

• Hey @Houdini7 I'm glad things seem to have worked themselves out! Please let us know if the issue resurfaces and we'll be happy to investigate. Time stamped background logs are often helpful in troubleshooting issues like these. Here's a quick guide for sending them (for next time): Save a console log for 1Password X.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.