1Password doesn't remember settings in Firefox

Options

On my home computer, I don't want 1Password to Auto-Lock and I want it be the default password manager. I have to set that up everyday because either it's not setting a cookie or the cookie is getting erased somehow. Last month, the settings actually stayed in place for a couple of weeks, but now it's back to not remembering. I haven't changed any settings otherwise that I'm aware of.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: Windows 10 64 bit
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @mso169! 1Password X settings are stored in your browser's local storage, which means it's somehow getting cleared if the auto-lock and default password manager options aren't sticking. Do you recall if you've got Firefox set to clear your cache when you exit? I'm curious what your Firefox Privacy & Security settings look like, so if you could share that with me, I'm hoping I'll be able to point you in the right direction. Let me know!

• mso169
    mso169
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kaitlyn. Sorry I've taken so long to get back to you, but I've just been trying different things to try to figure out what's deleting the browser local storage. Firefox isn't set to clear the cache or cookies on exit. I reread you message and a light came on and I checked CCleaner which had been set to erase Firefox's internet cache. I turned that off and I'll run CCleaner again tonight after work and see if 1Password remembers its settings tomorrow morning. I'll let you know tomorrow whichever way it turns out.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update! Let us know how it goes :+1:

• mso169
    mso169
    Community Member
    Options

It wasn't a 1Password problem at all. It was my settings in CCleaner. Thanks for putting me on the right path to solve the problem.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know of your solution, @mso169! I'll keep that in mind in case anyone else runs into something similar and Firefox isn't set to clear cache/cookies upon exit. CCleaner wouldn't have been my first thought, so that's really helpful. :)

This discussion has been closed.