A problematic site

Options

One of our major domestic carriers is Virgin Australia https://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en/.

For payment, the credit card is 4 boxes that need to be filled by 4 numbers each (for MasterCard/Visa) or 4-6-5 for Amex.

But 1Password wants to put all the numbers in the first box. Is there any way to deal with this?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 70401002
OS Version: 10.14.6 (Mojave)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Babbling ,
    We're aware of such cases where the credit card number is split across several fields and hope to see it as a new autofilling ability in a future version of 1Password. In the meantime you will have to separate it manually unfortunately.

Keep your 1Password up to date and stay tuned :)

• Babbling
    Babbling
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Yaron, for your quick response. I have saved the components in the Notes section of the credit card record so I can at least copy and paste each one--it's a clunky work-around but works for now. I'll look out for this feature in the future.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Babbling ,
    I think I might have a better solution for you:
    1. Open your credit card item in 1Password and click on "Edit".
    2. Add a new custom field called "Digits 1-4" or whichever name you see fit.
    3. Under the name of the field, enter the first four digits of your credit card.
    4. Add a new custom field and name it "Digits 5-8" and so on.
    5. When you are on a page that requires you to fill in your credit card that way, click the 1Password extension icon in the top of your browser's toolbar to open the 1Password window, select your Credit Card item and scroll down to these custom fields, then drag and drop them with your mouse one by one from the 1Password window into the fields on the website. It would be quicker than copy pasting and much more convenient since the 1Password window will remain open.

• Babbling
    Babbling
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Yaron...I've done steps 1-4, but I didn't realise I could drag and drop. I'll try that next time. Thanks again for your help--your support is legendary! :-)

• Hey @Babbling, I'm glad Yaron could come up with a creative solution like that for you in the meantime. Super pleased that helps! Let us know if you need anything else or run into other bumps. As I'm sure you know, we're here for any problems you might throw our way. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.