Shared vault - can it be limited to just certain family members?

autigers1970
autigers1970
Community Member

Up to this point it's just been my wife and I using 1Password for Families so we have our own private vaults and a shared vault. I'm wanting to add my kids to the group now, but I don't want them to have access to that Shared vault, just their own. But that vault says "Everyone in your family can view and edit items in this vault."

Is there anyway to add my kids without allowing them access to that Shared vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @autigers1970!

The Shared vault is accessible by everyone in the account by default, but you can create a separate vault just for you and your wife. This way, everyone will have access to the Shared vault (as expected), but you will have a separate vault that your kids are not going to be able to access ;)

• autigers1970
    autigers1970
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

Ok. I was hoping to not have to do that just because any change freaks out my technophobe wife. :)

Thanks!

• Understood, but as Ana outlined a separate vault would be the solution here. :) I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• jburrow
    jburrow
    Community Member

I have a similar question and want to make sure I understand your answer correctly. I want to get a family account for myself, my wife and my parents. Would I be able to create a shared vault that all 4 of us can access, a shared vault that only my wife and I can access and a private vault that only I can access?

• @jburrow

Yes. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.