Initial Set Up Assistance

HDPete
HDPete
Community Member

Hi,
I have installed 1Password 7.4.2-Beta-1 and the Chrome beta extension after a few initial set up issues and research on the forums. However, my problems persist and would be grateful for any help or pointers.

I am running Mac OS 10.14.6 with Chrome 79.0 - all patched and up to date. I am in a trial period with full functionality to assess the service and I have synch running OK across devices (mobile and desktop).

I have successfully exported my web passwords from Chrome into 1Password and have followed the guides to switch off the Chrome settings to Offer to save passwords and Auto Sign In. My problem is that 1Password doesn't seem to interact with Chrome and offer to fill in any passwords.

For example. If I go to amazon.co.uk, the username and password is already autofilled (presumably by the Chrome cache, as there's no small icon next to the username to suggest anything else has populated it.

If I click on the plug in icon, it reports it needs to open 1Password, which I then Allow and the app opens, but the web page reports that it cannot connect and to Cancel or Try Again.

Do I need to clear my passwords from Chrome completely? Or anything daft that I am missing. I have followed the setup screens and guides exactly.

Thanks.
Pete

1Password Version: 7.4.2b1
Extension Version: 4.7.6.1
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

This discussion has been closed.