My AutoFill macOS/Chrome problem

Options
13»

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ring076 - good heavens, I'm not at all saying "just live with it." If there are problems, we'd like to try to help you solve them. :) What I was saying above is that it looks superficially as if I have the exact same setup as you -- macOS 10.15.2 ("Catalina"), stable-build Chrome (79.0.3945.130) and 4.7.6.1 1Password companion extension -- and all the sites you mentioned are performing as expected here.

If you're still having problems, what I'm suggesting is that you try the steps I mentioned above, particularly the one about saving the login items manually. It's encouraging (not to mention being a useful data point) that this issue is not happening for you in either Firefox or Safari. If it's still happening in Chrome even after you've manually re-saved the item(s), then we'd probably want to take a closer look at what might be going on with your specific setup via getting a diagnostics report. One question I don't think you've mentioned previously: what version of 1Password 7 for Mac itself are you running? If it's not 7.4.1, please update. We had an issue a while back that caused users on 7.3.2 to be unable to update directly via the app. Don't forget to check that.

• ring076
    ring076
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars, good catch I was on 7.3.2 even though it said there were no updates available. I upgraded to 7.4.1 and confirmed same Chrome and Catalina versions you have. Vanguard login worked successfully for the first 2 autofills or so and now stopped working if I log out, close tab or chrome and go back to the site and try to autofill it will fail to autofill and popup full login list. I've just sent current diagnostics report to support via case #ZQG-22788-982.

Thanks for looking, I appreciate it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you! I see that Lars has already replied to you via email :+1:

ref: TCX-52112-348

• kalbert312
    kalbert312
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like the beta chrome extension fixed it. I have not encountered it yet since switching to it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• Asyd Rayn
    Asyd Rayn
    Community Member
    Options

I've installed the "beta" from the link posted -- out of curiosity, is it marked as a beta? It doesn't appear to be on the chrome extension page.

On another matter, using the Clear website yesterday, I got the not working behavior when I clicked fill; the web extension would close and then open Mac's menubar version -- that is a never-ending loop. What I tried and it seemed to work consistently was instead of the cursor focus in the username field I placed it in the blank password field and it would fill the first time every time. I haven't had the chance to test it on multiple sites yet.

• aordway
    aordway
    Community Member
    Options

I'm giving up on using 1Password with Brave. Have to move back to Safari. I hope to try again when a new version of 1Password comes out.

• Ben
    Options

@Asyd Rayn

Are we talking about this extension?
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-beta-desktop-ap/phicbbndgmmpogmijjkbmdhpioaieaha
    If so, it has "beta" in the name. :)

We are aware that the changes have not fixed the problem universally, but it does seem to be a good step forward. We'll continue to work on the balance.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@aordway

I'm giving up on using 1Password with Brave. Have to move back to Safari. I hope to try again when a new version of 1Password comes out.

:+1:

Ben

• Asyd Rayn
    Asyd Rayn
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben yes, oddly enough, this is the first time I've ever seen "beta" shown anywhere in my chrome browser when going to that page. That's why I wasn't sure I was using the correct extension.

• Ben
    Options

@Asyd Rayn

Gotcha. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.