Can log in to a web site from Chrome pc but attempt from iphone says password not correct. Help.

Options
Bill193
Bill193
Community Member

I have used chrome to log onto a web site, change the password with 1password, log off and log back on. I then went to my iphone 8 and attempted to log on to the same web site using data from 1 password for account name and password. The account name was correct but the log in was rejected. Looks to me like the password info created on the chrome side is not getting to the ios side. How can I fix this?

1Password Version: 1.17.0
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: IOS 13.3
Sync Type: dont know
Referrer: forum-search:Can log in to a web site from Chrome pc but attempt from iphone says password not correct. Help.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bill193! Welcome to the forum!

What sync method are you currently using? Let's start with that so we can send you some troubleshooting tips specific for that sync method :)

• Bill193
    Bill193
    Community Member
    Options

The choices seem to be 1password membership, icloud, dropbox, wlan, or local folder. I have the 30 day trial membership for 1password and did not make any known decision to use the other, so the answer must be 1password sync. I currently have a PC running chrome browser, two iphone 8s and an apple ipad to sync.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bill193:

If you are indeed syncing via 1Password.com, please make sure that you are logged in to the same 1Password account on every device where you have installed the 1Password app. If data is on 1Password.com (and is appearing in your Chrome browser) but is not appearing on your iPhone 8, I would make sure that you have added your 1Password account to the phone too.

This discussion has been closed.