Yubikey 5Ci always requested on iOS

Options
codyfrisch
codyfrisch
Community Member

I wanted to switch to a security key for MFA purposes. I set up the Yubikey 5Ci successfully for the browser (Brave Browser), and was able to use it to login after telling it to require 2FA from the site on another device.

I did the same to my iOS device, used the Yubikey to login. Works great.

However I now have an issues where it ALWAYS asks for the security key to be inserted. The interesting thing is i can CANCEL and it is still authenticated and the app works fine. Which is to be expected since 2FA is to authenticate the first time on the device.

If i then force 2FA again from the Web and instead use my Authenticator App for TOPT, the prompt for the security key never appears again. (as its now authenticated)

This appears to probably be a bug in the app which causes it to prompt for the security key every time, even though its authenticated.

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.3
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @codyfrisch,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. If you force authentication now and then auth with the Yubikey do the prompts continue?

Ben

• codyfrisch
    codyfrisch
    Community Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Yes, no matter what unless I authenticate with the 6-digit code, it prompts for the security key every time I open the app.

It also requires me to touch the key twice (two sequential prompts.) to authenticate.

Using the 6-digit code, no issues and never get another prompt until forcing authentication again.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2020
    Options

@codyfrisch

Please reproduce the issue and then send us a diagnostic report so we can take a look at the logs and see what 1Password is doing 'under the hood':

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/110262/yubikey-5ci-always-requested-on-ios
    • Your forum username: codyfrisch

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

ref: BCM-84491-389

This discussion has been closed.