Performance Issue- slow speed through desktop app

I downloaded the desktop app and I am finding the response to to be too slow to use. Once in the App if I try to edit a password name, or any field ... it takes about 20 seconds to respond to the click stream. Is there a way to fix this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lawlo_sa! Welcome to the forum!

What version of the 1Password desktop app are you running, and on what operating system (and operating system version) are you using it?

• lawlo_sa
    lawlo_sa
    Community Member

It was too painful So I switched to LastPass. but if it helps I have a brand new surface x pro and using windows 365.

I just downloaded whatever was on your website to use for 1Password’s desktop.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sorry to hear this @lawlo_sa, but thank you for giving 1Password a try! Should you want to troubleshoot this further with our help, by all means let us know and we will be happy to do that.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Hi @lawlo_sa,

Thanks for letting us know and just so you'd know, the performance issue you saw was Windows emulating the 1Password desktop app, we don't have a native app for the ARM device you're using because Microsoft does not yet have an ARM-compatible UI framework update for us to use, it's "planned for later this year" according to their team.

If you wish to try 1Password again on Surface Pro X, I'd recommend trying the 1Password X browser extension in the ARM-version of your browser, it should run via the browser's ARM-optimized engine.

This discussion has been closed.