Emergency Kit Password

drohr
drohr
Community Member

I have a family membership and it works great across all of our iOS devices and Mac. In an effort to hav a contingency plan in case my wife and I were not around, I assisted my son in setting up an emergency kit. Well, he cannot recall his master password. I have his secret key and the printed emergency kit but the master PW is not filled in. I have two questions. 1) Is the master password different than the one I use to get into 1PW on a daily basis? 2) Is the best course of action for him to simply redo the process of setting up a new emergency kit?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302004) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MAC Catalina vers 10.15.2 (19C57)
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Emergency Kit Master Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @drohr!

have his secret key and the printed emergency kit but the master PW is not filled in. I have two questions 1) Is the master password different than the one I use to get into 1PW on a daily basis?

Each user in a Families account typically has their own Master Password, so your son's password will likely be different from the one you use to get into 1Password on a daily basis.

2) Is the best course of action for him to simply redo the process of setting up a new emergency kit?

Yes. In case of forgotten credentials, you can recover their account, so they will be able to choose a new Master Password, and download a new copy of the Emergency Kit.

This discussion has been closed.