Sync across devices not working

1Password 7.3.712 on 2 different Windows 10 systems (corporate and family accounts) - NO STANDALONE ACCOUNTS
1Password 7.4.4 on iOS 13.3 - NO STANDALONE ACCOUNTS
Sometime in the past weeks/months, I have noticed my logins are not being sync'd between devices or, at a minimum, the sync is not consistent. I have found logins that are on one device but not others and I have found passwords updated on a device but the update isn't reflected on the other devices.
Any input on how to diagnose / fix this appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 210
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BG56!

If you are not using standalone vaults, I assume your data is on 1Password.com. If this is the case, can you make sure that you are logged in to your 1Password account in every 1Password app on your devices?

• BG56
    BG56
    Community Member

Hi ag-ana - thanks for the quick reply. Not sure I understand "logged into your 1Password account". The only time I know of an opportunity to "login" is when 1Password prompts me for my 1Password master password during login updates (or when starting the 1Password app). When I view the accounts on 1Password, they show the correct sign in address and show me as signed in. Is there some other log in mechanism I am missing? Interestingly, the login that was showing up only on 1 device earlier today just showed up after I posted this query (NOTE: The login was originally created 3 months ago). Not sure what would have prompted a sync unless the fact that I tried to use the login was recognized by 1Password and that prompted some sort of sync.
    Any suggestions appreciated as this has been an ongoing problem for the past few months. Again, it's almost as if the sync is not consistent across logins/devices.
    One theory I have - 1) do I get 'logged out" at some point by 1Password without me specifically logging out? 2) do I have to be "logged in" on all devices simultaneously? and, if so, what constitutes "Logging in"?
    Thanks again

• BG56
    BG56
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana - I just noticed there is a link in your response and I guess what I am reading is that I actually have to login to 1password.com via a web browser. Interestingly, I cannot login to 1password.com for either my corporate nor family account. Both are giving me "email and secret key are not correct. I think this is because my sign in URL is a corporate URL (xxx.ent.1password.com). I can sign in using my corporate email address but not into my family account "email and secret key are not correct". I verified the email address and secret key against my emergency kit and even did a copy and paste from the account information from the 1password app. The email and secret key information in the app all match what is in my emergency kit.
    Questions:

• Am I correct in understanding I must sign in to my accounts via a browser to xx.ent.1password.com on all devices for the sync to work between devices?
    • Any suggestions on why I cannot login to xx.ent.1password.com for my family account?
      Thanks for all your help
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@BG56:

Am I correct in understanding I must sign in to my accounts via a browser to xx.ent.1password.com on all devices for the sync to work between devices?

Not in the browser: you need to add your 1Password account in the 1Password app (under Preferences > Accounts). In the link I shared with you you can see the instructions for every operating system on how to do this.

For example, if you are on Windows, you can open and unlock the 1Password app, then choose Accounts > “Sign in to another account”. In there you can login to your account so it can sync. If you do not login to your account inside the 1Password apps, those apps will not sync. I think this is what is happening here.

Any suggestions on why I cannot login to xx.ent.1password.com for my family account?

That doesn't look like the correct URL for a Families account. If you try to login to your Families account at https://my.1password.com instead, does that work?

Please make sure you use the Families Secret Key and Master Password combination in that case, which will be different from your corporate URL.

• BG56
    BG56
    Community Member

ag_ana:
    Thanks for the reply. First - I finally got logged into my family account - not sure what was going on but I finally got in.
    To wrap our conversation - I do have my corporate and family accounts in the 1password app on both windows devices and on the iphone and I am assuming they stay logged in as any time I start the 1password app on any of these devices, it shows me logged in (and has a "logout" selection). Perhaps I need to start the app on all three devices to cause a sync to occur?
    Thanks again

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BG56,

You can also try to lock/unlock 1Password 7 apps on your Windows computers to force sync in the app. Let us know if it works for you. If you still have sync issues, please let us know about your network setup (VPN, proxy, firewall, etc.). Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• BG56
    BG56
    Community Member

Thanks - since the one missing login has populated across devices in the past couple days, I don't have any examples to chase down. I'll try this if I see any further sync issues going forward.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@BG56: :+1: :)

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member

Hi, can I just add that I have also noticed a delay. I added login details using my iPad yesterday evening, the details appeared on my iPhone almost immediately but until a few moments ago, some 10 hours later, the login details had not appeared on my iMac. My iMac has been on with 1Password running all this time and I have used 1Password to login into other sites this morning.

The problem is resolved, but I was wondering if there was a way to see the last sync time of each device? For example I use Omnifocus which also syncs across the same three devices and when I think there might be a problem I can see this information in preferences

I am not aware I can do this in 1Password, it would help to know if there was actually a problem.

Thank you for your help.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @iwaddo,

This is a conversation regarding 1Password 7 for Windows, so the issues you bumped into might be quite different. Sync delays might happen for different reasons, but usually network hiccups are the ones at play.

We do not have any latest sync indicators in 1Password right now, but I will make sure to pass your suggestion to our team. :) If you ever bump into these sync issues again, please let us know and we will investigate. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.