Sometimes 1Password Mini shows all the logins, sometimes none

Options

It seems to me that the easiest, quickest way to log in to a site is to do it from the 1P extension (Chrome for me). So if I am on a "random" web page but know that I need to log into a site that I have setup in 1Passoword, I select the 1P extension and sometimes I see all possible log ins (good) but other times none are displayed and the only way for me to bring up the log ins is to choose "All Items" down the left side (which brings up passwords (which I dont need) as well as the log ins. Why the difference?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• 1Password's Extensions by-design show you logins in your Vault that have a URL associated with the website you are currently on.

What you can do here though, is if you are using 1Password X, you can change the default behavior of the extension via it's settings in order to show you All Logins instead of only the suggested logins according to an items URL.

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    Options

if you are using 1Password X,

Nope Blake I am using the "regular" Chrome extension v 4.7.5.90.

• So in this scenario, since the 1Password Extension is merely an extension of the desktop application, unlike 1Password X, where it's built specifically to live within the browser, there aren't any extension-specific settings to force the 1Password Extension to show "All Items" at launch, in place of the suggested items as you are seeing currently.

I select the 1P extension and sometimes I see all possible log ins (good) but other times none are displayed and the only way for me to bring up the log ins is to choose "All Items" down the left side (which brings up passwords (which I dont need) as well as the log ins. Why the difference?

This is likely due to the fact if you are on a website that there are no entries for within your Vault, then all logins will be suggested for you to pick from. Whereas when you are on a website that you already have a login entry saved for, it's only showing the entry that matches the website that matches the entry within your Vault.

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Blake for the follow-up.

As is often the case I "spoke" too soon ie

I select the 1P extension and sometimes I see all possible log ins

As far as I can tell now this only _ happens for me on the default, _new tab page i.e. the one showing the Google logo, a search bar, and thumbnails of our most visited sites. For any other site for which I do not have an established 1P login the default pop-up for 1P Mini shows in light grey "Logins" and then below "Store anything with a password here and you will never have to remember or type one again". And selecting the "Logins" icon on the left side of mini gives nothing. And so the only way to see all my Logins is to select "All items" which brings up Logins and Passwords.

I want to take advantage of the ability of being able to click on a login, which takes one immediately to that site (and of course logs on in). I guess I am thinking that my 1P logins are each like a "special" bookmark. So why not have all the logins displayed when one selects the "Login" icon regardless of the page one is on?

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Blake for the followup.

As can be the case I spoke too soon

I select the 1P extension and sometimes I see all possible log ins

I think now this only happens when I am on the default, new tab page in Chrome ie the search bar, Google’s logo, and thumbnail tiles of the sites Ive visited most often. For any other page for which there is no associated 1P created login, pulling up the chrome extension (mini) one gets "Logins" and below it reads "Store anything with a password here and you never have to remember or type one again". And the only way I can call up the 1P saved logins is to select on the left side "All items" (But this gives all the passwords as well).

I guess I want to more easily take advantage of the ability of a 1P login to automatically take one to the website in question (and then of course to login)...kind of like a bookmark on steroids.

So why not have 1P Mini show all the logins when on any site (which I guess doesnt have a 1P login)?

• Hi @jmjm,

What you can do is just type the name of the site you want regardless of what it shows; 1Password will switch from the filtered Logins to All Items by default, you don't have to switch to All Items by hand.

Here's how 1Password mini works when you click or use the keyboard shortcut Control + \;

1. If there's an active tab with a URL in it; 1Password will show up matching anything it can. If it sees newtab, it'd switch to All Items for you. You'd notice what 1Password is doing by looking at the bottom status bar, it'd say something like Filling in Chrome for newtab.
    2. If there is no active tab with URL in it, 1Password will show All Items.
    3. Regardless of the above two conditions; typing the name of the site you want to launch will show results of All Items if there is no match on the matching Login items.

We do plan to overhaul this in the future to be more intuitive and match the behavior of the 1Password X extension. We also plan to fix the Control + Alt + \ shortcut to always show All Items by default.

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    Options

What you can do is just type the name of the site you want regardless of what it shows;

Fair enough.

Thank you MikeT

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.