Adding new iPhone, syncing problem

Garybo
Garybo
Community Member

I just downloaded the 1 Password app and successfully loaded all data from MacBook Pro, or I thought i did!! The secure notes and logon's appeared to download, but I found out the info was not updated with the latest changes I had made on my computer. It is not syncing from computer to the iPhone with these updated changes and when I made numerous edits on my iPhone, they were not syncing with computer. In my account under accepted devices, it shows my iPhone and my computer. I got the MacBook pro several months ago and it successfully synced with correct Data at that time. My settings must incorrect. Any suggestions on how t get iPhone to sync with MacBook Pro.

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os 13.3
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Garybo!

In my account under accepted devices, it shows my iPhone and my computer.

Can you please confirm something? You wrote in your first post that your sync type is Dropbox, but here you mention an account, which makes me think you actually have a 1Password Membership. Is it possible that you are still syncing some devices with Dropbox, and some with your 1Password account?

• Garybo
    Garybo
    Community Member

I have no idea as i do not understand all this. I do know you guys helped me set up DropBox years ago and all worked fine with all my devices. It is very possible what you are saying could be correct, as the contents on the new iPhone are old and it is not syncing. I did load Dropbox on iPhone and though i had used it. I could have used some data with my 1Password account as you indicated . I have no idea as I am super confused. I did have a bad time getting the iPhone loaded with my data at first and even downloaded it two times trying to correct it. Then I had "two" of everything. I finally deleted the app and reloaded it again. All went very smoothly, or so I Thought. That is when i started noticing the old stuff and NO syncing. How do I check to see what I have done and how do i go about deleting app again and doing it over again correctly? When I got my new MacBook Pro several months ago I had no trouble getting this done, just do not remember how i did it. Thank you for your help.

• Garybo
    Garybo
    Community Member

I didn't get your answer to the above?? Did I send it incorrectly?

• At this point I think the best thing would be for us to get a look 'under the hood' on each device to see how each is configured. To facilitate that I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. You may have to change the address on the to line from the default to this one.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/110310/adding-new-iphone-syncing-problem#latest
    • Your forum username: Garybo

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.