Cannot figure out how to create a multi-page Tangerine login.

Options

I have just joined 1password and installed the Chrome browser extension on Win 10. I am trying to automate a login to Tangerine.ca. (Note that I have tried to follow the instructions for creating multi-page logins, but cannot find any "Update Existing" option, so can't continue.)

When I go to the first login page at tangerine.ca, 1password detects a login and offers to save my user ID. On the next page however, I need to answer a security question but 1password doesn't detect that any information can or should be saved. At this point there's nothing I can do but answer the question manually. Is this the normal behevior ? I have tried to pause the login and do the "update existing" method I just referenced, but as I said cannot find that option. I have also tried to create two separate logins, one for each page, but again 1password doesn't offer any login suggestion on that second page. I have poked around in the saved tangerine login to experiment with adding fields, but nothing I add causes any autofill info for that second page. Note there is also a third page, with a final PIN to be entered as well, but I haven't gotten that far. Thoughts ?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:creating tangerine login

Comments

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    Options

Good question **breathe67 ** as I am a new user to 1P also and as well have a Tangerine account. I just assumed, given the uniqueness of this login I would need to do it manually.

(Now that I think of it Tangerine gives one the option to skip any reference to a security question as part of your login)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @breathe67,

If you use 1Password X now, please try to disable it in your browser and install our companion extension from here. After that, follow the steps in this article to save a multi-page Login:

Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages

Does it work in your situation? Please let me know. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• breathe67
    breathe67
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I installed the extension and went through the multi page steps at tangerine.ca. I did "update existing" on the 2nd page (which asks a security question). However when trying to login again using 1password it simply filled my user ID on the first page with the security answer I previously provided for the 2nd page. Might there be some way I'm not understanding how to use/invoke 1password ? Remember Tangerine actually has 3 login pages (1: user ID, 2: security question, 3: PIN and security image confirmation).

• breathe67
    breathe67
    Community Member
    Options

@jmjm Yeah it does offer the option to skip the security questions, but given that Tangerine doesn't seem to have any other "2FA-like" stuff I feel better keeping it.

• breathe67
    breathe67
    Community Member
    Options

@jmjm I figured out you can store extra labeled text in your login, so instead of typing in security answers you could generate another password for each question (in 1password) and copy/paste them in the login. Not automatic, but semi.

• breathe67
    breathe67
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg BTW, I'm a bit confused as to which extension I should be using; your site says 1passwordX is the "best experience", but above you advised me to use the other extension app instead...

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    Options

Tangerine doesn't seem to have any other "2FA-like" stuff

(As I recall the first screen asks for a Cl #, the next screen a security Q and the last screen is the PIN and security image. So leaving out the security Q seems to leave kind of a 2 FA?)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @breathe67 ,
    I tried testing this website but only get so far without having a real account. I was able to autofill the username and pin number, which came one after the other (Without a security question in between). Here's what I did:
    1. Get to the login page.
    2. Manually filled in my username.
    3. Saved it as a new login: https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/
    4. Proceeded to the next page, which was the pin page but should be relevant for any other page you get to.
    5. Manually filled in the pin field (or in your case, the security question field) and saved it manually again using the instructions in step 3, but this time it offered me to update the existing login instead of saving a new one. I updated the existing login.
    6. Since I couldn't advance to the next step, I went back to the first login page and tested autofilling. 1Password autofilled the username, then on the next page I autofilled again and it indeed autofilled the pin page as well.

If the security question field still does not autofill properly for you, lease right click it and select "Inspect" from the menu, then take a screenshot of that field and the HTML code that shows up and post it here so we can take a look at it. Make sure not to reveal any sensitive information or passwords in your screenshot.

This discussion has been closed.