Sync problems across devices

Billydiner
Billydiner
Community Member

I loaded app on Google Windows 10. Then loaded app on iPhone. iPhone app reads data from app in windows but when I click on icon for account all I get is log in data and chance to edit. I can’t access acct. data from iPhone. No sync button in settings.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Billydiner! Welcome to the forum!

iPhone app reads data from app in windows but when I click on icon for account all I get is log in data and chance to edit. I can’t access acct. data from iPhone.

Can you please elaborate a little? You wrote that you can see the data in your iPhone app, but you cannot access it. Can you please clarify what you mean by this?

No sync button in settings.

If you are using a 1Password Membership, sync is automatic, and so there will be no Sync menu in the settings, so this is normal.

• Billydiner
    Billydiner
    Community Member

Thanks for reply. I set it up on windows laptop. Loaded 6 accounts to test and learn. Worked fine. Downloaded app on IPhone. Logged in successfully. When I go to categories/all items it has correct number-6 and lists them. If I click on one it takes me to screen that allows me to edit data in app but does not take me to site. If I go to logins and click on account same as categories. If if to vaults/private title bar says 5 but only empty space below it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Billydiner:

If I click on one it takes me to screen that allows me to edit data in app but does not take me to site.

If you want to do this within the 1Password app itself, instead than in Safari (which is the recommended method), can you please try tapping on the website field in your 1Password item? It should open the built-in browser inside the 1Password app, but opening that item is not enough, that step only shows you the item details. Until you select the website field, in which case 1Password will take you to that website.

• Billydiner
    Billydiner
    Community Member

I am sorry to be so thick. Having no luck with the Iphone, I went to desktop, Windows 10. I installed ChromeX. Have the app as extension. When I clik on it, I get my list of accounts I have installed. When I clik "go" on them they take me to the site, but do not fill in username and PW. If I start to fill it in manually, then it auto fills. I have clicked on autofill everywhere I have found it. On the Iphone, I have gone through all of the extensions, and nothing at all changes.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Billydiner:

I am sorry to be so thick. Having no luck with the Iphone,

Have you tried tapping on the website field in your login item on your phone, as I suggested in my previous post? What happened when you tapped on it?

On the Iphone, I have gone through all of the extensions, and nothing at all changes.

The iPhone does not have the extensions like 1Password for Mac or Windows. 1Password for iOS uses the AutoFill feature instead, which allows you to fill your login items in Safari without needing an extension.

• Billydiner
    Billydiner
    Community Member

When I tap icon for account I go to page that has web site and log in data w option to edit. If I tap web address on that page then goes to login site. Sometimes it auto fills. Other time I start to enter data and it fills. I have taped auto fill several times and no auto fill

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Billydiner:

Can you please give us an example of a website that does not AutoFill so we can test it here?

• Billydiner
    Billydiner
    Community Member

When I tap icon for account I go to page that has web site and log in data w option to edit. If I tap web address on that page then goes to login site. Sometimes it auto fills. Other time I start to enter data and it fills. I have taped auto fill several times and no auto fill

• Billydiner
    Billydiner
    Community Member

Chase.com

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Billydiner:

I have tried tested this on Chase.com and I was able to fill both fields correctly. Please try following these steps:

1. Open the Safari browser on your iOS device
    2. Visit chase.com
    3. Tap on the Sign in button
    4. Tap on the username field on the login page
    5. Your keyboard will appear. Above the keyboard, you should see your chase.com login:

At this point you can tap on that button, and 1Password will fill your login for you.

This discussion has been closed.