Do you log out of each site for which you have that same login saved in 1Password?

jmjm
jmjm
Community Member

In the past I would select the option "stay signed in permanently" (or something like that) when at a site for which I had a username and password (of course this was because I didnt want to have to remember my username and pw). But this is no longer an issue with a PW manager. So do you recommend logging out of such sites each time as part of on-line security?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

@jmjm:

Personally, I regularly log out from websites when I am done with them, but this is a habit I have had for a few years now. I think it started back when I was studying CSRF attacks. I do it unconsciously now :P

I guess it depends on the site though: your bank might be a good candidate to do this, but you should not feel like you must do this all the time even for less sensitive websites.

Ultimately, you must find a balance that works for you: if you make anything too inconvenient or annoying, you risk dropping it and going back to what you were doing before. My suggestion would be to start slowly, and finding a way where using a password manager does not disrupt your workflow and becomes second nature. You have all the time in the world to keep improving your security posture, and using a password manager is already a great step in the right direction.

This discussion has been closed.