Filling login forms that mistakenly tag the "user" field as type="password"

Options

Hi,

Sometime in the last six months or so, the 1passwordX Chrome browser extension stopped being able to fill the username portion of a particular login form that misuses the input element type=password attribute for the "username" portion of the authentication.

The particular webpage is https://hsainvestment.com/Participant/aspx/community/Login.aspx and the now-broken element is <input name="loginControl$UserName" type="password" id="loginControl_UserName" class="txtOff" autocomplete="off" unique_id="3">.

(It does successfully fill the password field, <input name="loginControl$Password" type="password" id="loginControl_Password" class="txtOff" autocomplete="off" unique_id="4" data-com-onepassword-filled="light">.)

For reference, 1passwordX used to be able to fill this form correctly based on the input name attribute (I think), but it appears a recent update has broken that functionality.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:hsainvestment.com

Comments

• c__
    c__
    Community Member
    Options

Some context from the op get item ... CLI tool:

"updatedAt": "2018-10-31T05:08:43Z",
      "details": {
        "fields": [
          {
            "designation": "username",
            "name": "username",
            "type": "T",
            "value": ...
          },
          {
            "designation": "password",
            "name": "password",
            "type": "P",

So the item was not updated recently on my end. The types of T and P may be related to the problem?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey there @c__! I'm glad you brought this up. It seems like 1Password X is having some trouble when there are multiple password type fields in a single sign in form. I've done everything I can think of to get both fields to fill, but I haven't had much luck. So far, I've only been able to get one field or the other to fill successfully, but that doesn't help us much. I'll go ahead and get this on our developers' radar. I also noticed that 1Password X is suggesting a new password in the password field instead of suggesting an existing Login item, so I included that as well. Thank you for the report; we appreciate it.

ref: dev/core/core#759
    ref: dev/core/core#358

• c__
    c__
    Community Member
    Options

No problem! This used to work in 1passwordX, so hopefully it's easy to resolve the regression!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.