To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How can I rate password ??

Mai
Mai
Community Member

I want to use password I creat myself , so I am looking for the way of rating the password.
Could you tell me how should I do?

1Password Version: 7.3.7.12
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @Mai,

First off, I'd always recommend using a password generated by 1Password instead of one you've created yourself. You can read a bit more about why 1Password is so good at generating truly random—and thus secure—passwords in our support guide here (it's tailored towards the Master Password, but applicable to all other passwords as well). The short version is that 1Password is just much better at choosing random words/characters than we mere mortals, and the strongest passwords are the most random.

That said, if you'd like to see how strong a password is, regardless of who generated it, you can Edit an item in 1Password, paste that password in a password field, and save. You'll see a password strength meter next to the password field on our Mac and Windows apps, like the Fantastic rating next to the password field in the Kickstarter item shown here...

That strength meter can give you a general sense of how strong the password you've chosen is. With all Watchtower categories enabled in Settings, 1Password will let you know if the password has previously shown up in a data breach online, which would make it extra vulnerable, and if it's a duplicate of any other password in your vault (which could make it vulnerable down the line in the event of a breach).

Hope that helps!

Our support guide on changing accounts' passwords might also be of help if you're looking to improve your security online with the help of 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.