1Password 7 Mac App Store + Mac App Store Yearly Subscription + Safari Plugin Problem

Options
QuarterbackCrunch
QuarterbackCrunch
Community Member

I bought 1Password 7 from the Mac App Store and paid for a $35.99 yearly subscription. I sync my passwords with a file on Dropbox.

I installed the Safari plug-in. When I open the plugin, it opens okay but then when I try to autofill my passwords, I get the nagging 1Password popup to ask me to sign up for a 1 Password subscription and I am not able to fill in my passwords.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to pay 1Password for a subscription in addition to paying the Mac App Store for a subscription to make this work?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 7.4.1
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @QuarterbackCrunch

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. You do not need two separate subscriptions in order to utilize 1Password. Dropbox should be out of the equation at this point, though. If you sign in at https://my.1password.com/ do you see all of your data there?

Ben

• QuarterbackCrunch
    QuarterbackCrunch
    Community Member
    Options

I believe I have an old 1Password subscription but I don’t know if it’s active or inactive and I can’t even find that login info.

The thing is,I prefer to use Dropbox though as I have been using that for years. Any way I can make that work without getting the 1Password subscription pop up?

• ag_michaelc
    edited January 2020
    Options

Hey @QuarterbackCrunch. Let's continue the conversation via your open email so we're not duplicating the work in two places. :smile:

ref: PNX-42578-278

This discussion has been closed.