1Password account cannot be added

This discussion was created from comments split from: Can not add account in iOS 1Password Version 6.9.1.

Comments

• PerryDawsey
    PerryDawsey
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

![](https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor
    vc/goas1e1lr8i5.png "")
    I have this problem. see pic.

• PerryDawsey
    PerryDawsey
    Community Member

works in safari, but it does not work on my iphone.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PerryDawsey!

What version of the 1Password app is this happening with? And on what version of iOS?

• aszajlai
    aszajlai
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue and when I go to the app store it wants to charge me a sub of $8.99, on app version 7.4.4 iOS ver is 13.3. Trying not to download and have to call to get a charge reversed if I'm doing the wrong thing. I'm also seeing that a link from e-mail of the account to the itunes account being the same. I have two different accounts, one for 1password.com and a different on for itunes. So any help here would really help.

• @aszajlai

To confirm: you currently have a 1Password.com membership subscription? If so you should see a "cloud download" option when viewing the 1Password listing in the App Store:

Ben

• aszajlai
    aszajlai
    Community Member

I started from the web not the App Store. It won’t let me connect the two. So I do not have that link as posted in the above image. The web says I can down load on all my devices but I can not find a way to not pay the subscription via both the web and the app. What am I missing?

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@aszajlai You need to navigate to your own download site in the App Store. Click on the App Store icon, note the avatar/icon in the upper right of the screen, click on that, it's a link to all the Apps you've downloaded from the Apple App Store. Once there, scroll down until you find 1Password--the one you already purchased. That's the image @Ben is showing you. You can download from here to all your iOS/iPadOS devices. hth

• aszajlai
    aszajlai
    Community Member

• aszajlai
    aszajlai
    Community Member

How do I link my my.1password.com account to my iPhone like I did with version 6? It wants me to purchase a subscription on my phone and from the web. Is that correct? I need to pay for the web and pay again iPhone version as two different subscriptions? If so what is the purpose for the family plan for 5 family members?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@aszajlai:

Your screenshot shows that your 1Password app is already installed. If you open it, you just need to add your 1Password account to the iOS app by following these instructions.

It wants me to purchase a subscription on my phone and from the web. Is that correct? I need to pay for the web and pay again iPhone version as two different subscriptions?

No, one subscription covers all your devices, so you don't have to sign up for a new one. But you do need to make sure that you are logged in to your 1Password account in the iOS app.

If so what is the purpose for the family plan for 5 family members?

A Families account is much cheaper if more than one person uses 1Password. Instead of paying for 5 separate Individual subscriptions, with a Families account you only need one.

• aszajlai
    aszajlai
    Community Member

I finally got to the youbico prompt without the error that I have an old version. Does the current version support NFC? I got the notification at the top to click to go to the yubico key support site from safari, had to fall back to OTP? Thank you for the help.

• 1Password for iOS does not support NFC.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.