I do not see 1Password "circle" in Bank of America fields, even though other sites work

I am using Windows 10 on a PC. I have set up other sites, and the "circle" indicating the id and password fields can be set up appears as expected. When I went to my bank of America web site I did not see the "1password" circle in the field indicating I can set this site up. I can tell you that I use face recognition on my I phone, but that is not what I am setting up. I can also tell you that I am using two factor authentication with Bank of America. The two factor authentication is with Bank of America, not via !Password. Thanks In advance for your help

1Password Version: installed this year
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:bank of america login and passwords do not have access to 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hlgreening! Welcome to the forum!

the "circle" indicating the id and password fields can be set up appears as expected.

Can you please post a screenshot of this circle, so we can make sure to understand what you are referring to? Thank you!

• hlgreening
    hlgreening
    Community Member

I cannot seem to get a screen shot in directly. I have attached a png file, Screenshot (3).png which shows the "1Password" circle, indicating the tool is open and I can use it.

I have also attached Screenshot(4).png which is the bank of america login, note that teh "circle" does not appear, so I cannot set this site up in 1Password.

• hlgreening
    hlgreening
    Community Member

In my previous post the screenshot(3).png was incorrect. The correct image is now attached as Screenshot(5).png. Please disregard Screenshot (3).png above.

• hlgreening
    hlgreening
    Community Member

hello, I am checking in to see if you were able to see my screenshots

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2020

@hlgreening – I was able to see your screenshots. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. I visited the Bank of America website in your screenshot, and I noticed the same thing. The 1Password icon doesn't appear in the username field. Out of curiosity, what link brought you to that specific URL? It's different than the URL I've used for Bank of America in the past, which is simply https://www.bankofamerica.com/. If you visit that URL, you should see the 1Password icon inside the username field along with the inline menu offering to fill (as long as 1Password X is unlocked). I'll pass your report along to our developers regarding the URL https://www.bankofamerica.com/online-banking/sign-in/. I appreciate you letting us know about this.

Going forward, I'd suggest visiting www.bankofamerica.com/ to sign into your Bank of America account. Then you'll be able to fill your credentials using the 1Password X inline menu instead of needing to use the 1Password X pop-up. I hope that helps!

ref: dev/core/core#789

• hlgreening
    hlgreening
    Community Member

Hi Kaitlyn. I used the URL you suggested and it worked for me too. That is what I will do! I didn't have a special way to get to the link. I opened a new session and I see Bank of America as one of the circles at the bottom of the screen. I've added a screenshot for you. I've also added a screenshot showing me editing the shortcut and giving the "offending" URL. I'll press on with the URL that works.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@hlgreening – I'm glad to hear that the other URL worked for you. I was mainly curious because I haven't heard of this reported to us before, so the link you used must not be too widely known. Otherwise, I would think I'd be aware of it since Bank of America is fairly common.

When you open a new tab in Google and see the shortcuts towards the bottom (just like what's in your screenshot), go ahead and edit the Bank of America shortcut to reflect https://www.bankofamerica.com/ as the URL if you haven't already. That should avoid you going to the alternative link in the future.

This discussion has been closed.