To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Hi. I have a membership for Mac via itunes, how to syn with windows?

Options
Blwood
Blwood
Community Member

I have a membership purchased via iTunes for my Mac that I sync to iOS via icloud. Works well. Now have bootcamp windows 10 on Macbook & wanting to know how to sync that also...looks like I need to change the membership type? If so how do I do that? My subscription renews annually each June in itunes
Any way to sync 1password on windows to icloud as can see it as an option

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync with windows 10

Comments

• Hello @Blwood,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I'd be happy to help get you up and running on your new Windows ( ;) ) machine.

You currently have an individual membership. This allows you to use that membership on any number of devices. There should be no need to change your membership type.

What you will need to get set up on the Windows machine:
    1. Your secret key - instructions on finding it in the apps here: https://support.1password.com/secret-key/
    2. Your master password
    3. The email address associated to the membership.

Now after you've downloaded 1Password for Windows and installed it, you should be presented with a welcome screen that asks if you've used 1Password before. You can select that you have a 1Password.com membership.

You will be prompted to enter those three pieces of information (secret key, master password, email). Filling those in will add that membership account to the app. It will now start automatically syncing your item data.

There are more detailed instructions with graphics to guide you available here: https://support.1password.com/get-the-apps/. It will show you how to set up the Windows app.

Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help along the way.

• Blwood
    Blwood
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Have done that okay & connects to account but vault remains empty. Can add new passwords but will not connect to data from Mac & iOS which is synced to icloud. I can see an option to change sync on Mac to Dropbox but cant see any settings for sync options on Windows at all?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Blwood

iCloud should be uninvolved with your 1Password data at this point. 1Password membership itself handles keeping 1Password data synced across all of your devices. Please move your data to your membership-based vaults using the instructions in this guide:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Note that you've already completed some of the steps here, such as establishing your account, so you can skip over any parts you've already completed. When done, the "Primary" vault should be deleted from any devices it exists on.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Blwood
    Blwood
    Community Member
    Options

Ah. Thanks Ben. I think l get it now. Cheers. Brian

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome Blwood. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.