1Password 7 sync between laptop and desktop not working consistently

popsquirrel
popsquirrel
Community Member

Hi, I'm logged in to my 1Password a/c on my laptop, my desktop and my iPhone (also my iPad, but I haven't checked that for this query).

I find that when I change a password on my laptop it syncs to my iPhone and vice versa, but my desktop doesn't seem to get updated. When I change a password on my desktop - the sync to my laptop seems to fail, but my iPhone syncs.

For example, I just created this login to the forum on my desktop but it doesn't show up on my laptop though it did show up on my iPhone.
On Jan 10, I changed a password on my laptop, it changed on my iPhone but not on my desktop (which is what triggered this question - I nearly got locked out of my bank login for too many wrong logins while trying to login on my desktop which didn't have the laptop updated password!).

It's not consistent. For example, last night I created a new Reward Program entry on my laptop and that has synced to my desktop correctly.

In all cases I'm using a Shared vault.

Very puzzled!

I'm using Mac OS Catalina on both laptop and desktop (10.15.2) and iOS 13.3 on my iPhone.
1Password 7.3.2 on both laptop and desktop.
1Password 7.4.4 on iPhone

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: 1Password a/c

Comments

• Hi @popsquirrel

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Do you have a vault called "Primary" on any of these devices?

Ben

• popsquirrel
    popsquirrel
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Nope, no vault called Primary on any device. My vaults are named Shared, Private and Old Stuff. All 3 show up on all devices.

• popsquirrel
    popsquirrel
    Community Member

Update: in my original post I'd mentioned that my password to this forum was set on my desktop but didn't show up on my laptop.

I find today that my laptop 1Password has been updated with the forum password (from my desktop).

So, that worked, albeit slo-o-wly. Still have the issue with the password change done on my laptop on Jan 10 not reflecting on my desktop till Jan 13. It's now updated on my desktop.

Is there any way to force a sync with my account on Mac OS?

• @popsquirrel

Locking and unlocking the app will "force" a sync. To troubleshoot further I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com (note that this address is different than what may be defaulted)

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/110492/1password-7-sync-between-laptop-and-desktop-not-working-consistently#latest
    • Your forum username: popsquirrel

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• popsquirrel
    popsquirrel
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Thanks for this. I've sent off the diagnostics as requested - 1 email with the diagnostics from my laptop and desktop and 1 from the iOS Advanced option.

I've mentioned the link to this thread and my forum username in both.

Haven't yet got a Support ID number though (it's been close to 30 minutes). When/if I get one I'll post it here.

Thanks for your help.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2020

@popsquirrel

I was able to locate the reports in our ticket system. As soon as they can be reviewed, someone will be in touch.

Your ticket ID is [#YGF-38429-288] Please make sure it is in the subject line for any additional contact.

ref: YGF-38429-288

This discussion has been closed.