EC VAT - business user credentials registration

I note a previous thread on here implied it was necessary to e mail details to support to ensure you invoice business customers under the EC reverse charge Vat rules https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/63029/you-should-not-be-adding-vat-for-european-businesses

As that thread was from 2016, when you were still new at EC Vat and finding your way, is that still the only method to notify you, as most other Vat Moss digital service companies have a link on their website that allows you to register your details, but I cannot find such on here?

If it is only available when logged in as a customer, please advise a link, as we are an accountancy practice posting on behalf of a client and obviously cannot log intoi their actual account ourselves, so will need to tell them where to go and what to do. You have invoiced them under Vat Moss and charged Vat as you are required to do in such circumstances , but they are prohibited from reclaiming it (easily).

The much simpler solution is you reverse charge them once you are satisfied they meet the criteria as a business customer - which obviously they can easily provide to you once I know the mechanism for doing so.

Regards
John

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @Johncurridsher

In order to make changes to billing on anyone's account we would need to speak with someone who is an 'owner' on that account via email. The best address to reach us to expedite this request would be [email protected]. Based on our strict privacy and security policies we're unable to discuss details of anyone's account with a 3rd party, or discuss such details on this public forum.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but hope you understand our position. Thank you.

Ben

• THANK YOU - I will advise our client to contact you as you state

Going forward, please would you consider adding guidance in your website's FAQ to that effect so search engines hit that rather than your forum when searching for Vat in respect of your company. Will save you having to reply to individual questions - albeit you don't get many!
    For example, here is how Wix do it: https://support.wix.com/en/article/providing-a-vat-id-when-purchasing-a-service-from-wix

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks for the feedback @Johncurridsher. I'll speak with our documentation team and see if this is an area in which we can improve. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.