Safari extension reopens pop-up when clicked x2 - non standard and inconsistent

Options
YAZombie
YAZombie
Community Member

When clicked a second time, the Safari extension closes and reopens the pop-up window immediately.
This is extremely annoying, probably because it is non-standard (all other extensions I tried simply close their pop-up windows when clicked a second time), in addition to being inconsistent with 1Password Mini's behaviour.
Consistency is often one of the main reasons for preferring macOS over more chaotic systems. Please keep 1Password consistent.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 7.4.1
OS Version: 10.15.2 (19C57)
Sync Type: 1Password.eu

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@YAZombie - thanks for the feedback. The purpose of clicking the 1Password extension is to fill (or potentially search for) data. If you want to dismiss it, you can click literally anywhere else, either in Safari or the rest of your screen, and it will disappear. The Escape key also works to dismiss the extension/mini if you prefer.

• YAZombie
    YAZombie
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your message Lars.

I've been using 1Password since 2009, I've got a pretty good idea about what the extension does.

It doesn't make the behavior in this case any less annoying, non-standard, and inconsistent, though. I don't understand why it can't behave like all other extension pop-ups. We're talking about macOS, not Windows. It does feel "Windows-y". Is this something we have to expect more?
    Like I said, consistency is often one of the main reasons for preferring macOS over more chaotic systems.
    Please keep 1Password consistent with the platform.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@YAZombie - thanks for the feedback - and for being a long-time user. :) I'll pass along your thoughts to the development team.

This discussion has been closed.