My German Version 1Password 7 has no option to change sync

Options
GikiUser
GikiUser
Community Member

My German Version 1Password does not have a syncing option!
It only syncs to the account.
At the same time my iPhone still syncs to Dropbox.
Thus there are other passwords on my MAC than on the iPhone.
What can I do?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.1 (70401002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Catalina 10.15.2
Sync Type: 1Password, Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @GikiUser! Yes, that's the only method of sync for a 1password.com account. If you have only your 1password.com account in your local 1Password for Mac app, then there will be no other sync options available. If you've got a previous standalone Primary vault syncing via Dropbox on your iPhone, then it sounds like you'll need to get all the data you need into the 1password.com account, then remove the older, no-longer-necessary Primary vault in Dropbox. My question to you would be: are there 1Password items in the Dropbox-synced vault on your iPhone that are NOT in your 1password.com account? Or is it only the case that there are items in your 1password.com account on your Mac that are not present in 1Password for iOS on your iPhone?

• GikiUser
    GikiUser
    Community Member
    Options

The problem is that there are passwords in Dropbox and o the iPhone that are not in the account and on the Mac.
    How do I get those moved to the account ?
    Can‘t I just change the method of syncing on the iPhone to the account?

• Ben
    Options

@GikiUser

I'm sorry for the confusion. Moving your data to your account is a migration process, which is outlined here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

It sounds like you've already completed some of those steps, such as creating the account, so you may be able to skip over the first section. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.