1Password X for Chrome and TouchID

odysseusodysseus Senior Member
edited January 15 in 1Password X (beta)

I had 1Password X for Chrome working with TouchID at some point (I was using the beta), but then it stopped working, probably because I removed the beta version of 1P X.

Are beta versions of both the 1P X for Chrome extension and 1Password for Mac still required for Touch ID to be able to unlock 1P?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 1.17
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: 1P

Comments

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

@odysseus Yes they are both required.

• odysseusodysseus Senior Member

But why don't the standard versions of the Chrome extension and 1P support TouchID yet? Has a decision been made to keep TouchID support only in the beta?

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

@odysseus – We're still perfecting Desktop App Integration, so that's why it's currently only available in the beta versions. Once we've got it running as smoothly as we'd like, we plan on releasing it to the stable versions as well. I'm glad you're excited. :chuffed:

• @kaitlyn Now it's one year later and the non-beta version of 1Password X still has no Touch ID support. This is a critical feature for me which still makes the regular browser extension worth using for me. When can we finally get Touch ID support on 1Password X so we don't need to retype our super secure 60 random special character master passwords each time we restart the browser?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@philmcole:

We don't have any timelines to share at the moment, but we hope to get this moved to the stable version as soon as possible. In the meantime, if it is something that you would really like to have, I recommend updating to the beta version, where this has been available for a while already, so you can start using the integration right away ;)

• @ag_ana Thanks for the reply. I hope you understand that I don't feel comfortable switching the program that handles my most valuable and previous data to a beta version. I hope that in return you soon feel comfortable enough to release a one year long tested feature to your normal paying users.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@philmcole:

We certainly understand that, it's your prerogative to remain on the stable version. The beta version is definitely not mandatory.

• Are there any plans to integrate windows hello with the 1Password X extension for Chrome / Edge (Chromium).

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

@dsouzadrian – Thanks for your interest in using Windows Hello with 1Password X. It's not in our plans right now, but we're working on something we call Desktop App Integration, which allows 1Password X to communicate with the 1Password desktop apps. We're currently working on the macOS side of things, but we're hoping to move over to Windows next. One of our founders made a comment here that described our current state. If you're curious, I'd recommend reading that to get a better idea. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file