Logins for the site's mobile app (android) vs desktop (chrome)?

Options
jmjm
jmjm
Community Member
edited January 2020 in Lounge

Lets take FB for example. When I saved a login for FB in 1Password I did it on the desktop (https://www.facebook.com/login). And of course this syncs with my Android. So when I used the saved login in 1P to sign into Facebook via my phone I got multiple alerts from FB that there was an "unusual" sign in...a sign into a browser. And I am thinking this is because I didnt sign in through the FB app? But in the app sign in, my name is already there and only a line for the password and no 1P symbol on the line....as if 1P doesn't recognize a sign in via the FB app. Does this make sense? So how does one reconcile a login in created via a browser saved by 1P vs a login via the mobile app?

1Password Version: X
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jmjm:

So when I used the saved login in 1P to sign into Facebook via my phone I got multiple alerts from FB that there was an "unusual" sign in...a sign into a browser. And I am thinking this is because I didnt sign in through the FB app?

Yes, logging in via a browser or via an app is considered a separate login. 1Password does the same thing ;)

So how does one reconcile a login in created via a browser saved by 1P vs a login via the mobile app?

The separate notifications are a security feature: websites send you an email every time there is a login to your account. In this case, both logins are coming from the same device, so I understand the confusion. But, technically speaking, the facebook.com website and the Facebook mobile app are two different clients, which require two separate login actions.

This discussion has been closed.