Syncing issues between 1Password X Beta 1.18.2 and MacOS Desktop app 7.4.2.BETA

I'm running into issues where newly saved passwords in the chrome extension do not seem to exist in the Desktop app despite the integration being enabled:

When I go click edit on the newly created Login in the Extension, it attempts to open the desktop app but the login is not stored in the desktop app so it doesn't navigate me to anywhere.

When should we expect logins in the extension to sync fully to the desktop App?

Comments

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

Hi @bradical! In my experience, the sync is just about instant whether Desktop App Integration is enabled or not. I just tested it out on my end and confirmed that as well. As a test, can you create a new Login in 1Password for Mac then check to see if it appears in 1Password X? Let me know what you find.

• Sure, I can try it again. I've found this to be sporadic. I definitely have the integration enabled as you can see above though I'll occassionally go to that screen and see that there is a problem with the integration.

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

You know what, @bradical. I actually wonder if this has something to do with the other issue you're having. If your account isn't able to sync to the server due to the MFA issues, then it won't push/pull any changes that are being made.

• That would make sense and the timing is consistent

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

@bradical – That's good to know.

• Hmm this is happening again. I generated and saved a password for a login with the 1Password X Beta for Chrome (v1.18.6). I realized that it didn't have a username so went to click edit via the extension. It opened the 1Password desktop app but the login didn't exist in the desktop app almost as though they are not synced. Any ideas?

• I can't seem to find any way to edit the login since all of the edit options open the Desktop app where the login doesn't appear to exist.

• Hmm, clicking on the vault where the login should have been caused it to appear in the desktop app. Before I was just searching across all vaults and it wasn't showing up. Now it's there and when I search for it globally it shows up. 🤷🏾‍♀️

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

@bradical – Super interesting. I'm guessing you tried to edit the item right after it was created in 1Password X. Is that right?

Just so I'm clear, you didn't run into the same "Unable to reach the server" error that you have in the past, correct?

• Super interesting. I'm guessing you tried to edit the item right after it was created in 1Password X. Is that right?

Correct. It was visible in 1Password X at that point but apparently not visible in the desktop app which I don't really understand at a basic level. Does 1Password X maintain its own cache of logins? I just assumed it was reading from the app.

Just so I'm clear, you didn't run into the same "Unable to reach the server" error that you have in the past, correct?

Nope. Not at this time. I checked the status of the desktop integration in the plugin settings and it looked good. No other visible problems that I could see.

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

@bradical – 1Password X syncs with your 1Password.com account, and 1Password X and the 1Password for Mac desktop app communicate via native messaging. That said, the 1Password for Mac desktop app also syncs with your 1Password.com account, in my experience, the items have shown up in the 1Password desktop app just about instantaneously. I'll start keeping a close eye on it each time I save an item and see if I notice any delay.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file