Bug Report Dropbox Syncing says my "Master Password" is wrong.

FutureBlues2071
FutureBlues2071
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Now, I'm sitting here in front of my Mac with 1password open and unlocked with iPad in hand, typing the exact same password that I use on my Mac to access 1password into my iPad, and the iPad consistently reports that the password is incorrect.

What should I do?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Try restarting the app then enter the info again.
  • FutureBlues2071
    FutureBlues2071
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I did that. On both the mac side and the iPad side. And re-entering my password (like 10 times). Ten minutes ago I tried it again and it worked, so I dunno.
  • tomco
    tomco
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I'm also having this problem. On both my iPad and my iPhone, when I try to sync using Dropbox I get the message "Master Password is incorrect" but I am absolutely, 100% certain of what that password is, and the apps are without a question exhibiting a bug by telling me that they are incorrect.

Please address this.
  • kleinias
    kleinias
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I just wanted to chime in and mention that I'm seeing the same issue as the others before me in this thread. I know my master password is correct but the app keeps telling me "Master Password is incorrect." I've shut down the app and then tried to go through the same process again, but when I come to that last step of entering in the master password, I get the same message all over again.
  • jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Hi, all

I'm sorry for the trouble you're having with your Master Password. We have discovered a bug when you mistype the master password the first time. This issue will then cause the master password to not be recognized at all, even after it is correctly entered.

If you know that you mistyped it the first time, or you get multiple messages that your master password is incorrect, but you know it is correct, please follow this process:

Tap Login
    Tap Next
    Enter correct Master Password

That should take care of it for you. We are in the process of resubmitting an update to Apple to fix this. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    Turns out that it might be related to Dropbox as well, we are working with the Dropbox on resolving this issue.

Please try to sync again (you might have to try several times) and see if that helps.
  • Soliah
    Soliah
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I'm getting a combination of "Master Password is incorrect" and "Failed to find the data file on Dropbox" errors.
  • nickb
    edited December 1969
    I did that. On both the mac side and the iPad side. And re-entering my password (like 10 times). Ten minutes ago I tried it again and it worked, so I dunno.

I had closed the app by just pressing the home button on the phone, then it didn't work when I logged in again. I actually completely killed the app. (Double click to get the task bar, then hold the icon till you get the minus bubble, and click on the icon to stop it from running.) i then re opened it and it synced without any more effort..
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    Soliah wrote:
    I'm getting a combination of "Master Password is incorrect" and "Failed to find the data file on Dropbox" errors.

This certainly looks like a problem related to Dropbox. Please give us some time to figure out this issue.
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    If you are having this problem, please tell us where you keep 1Password.agilekeychain on your Dropbox (subfolder name).

Thanks!
  • BBodie21
    edited December 1969
    I am also getting the repeated "Master Password is incorrect" even though I know it is correct. My problem was not resolved by restarting and ensuring it was typed correctly. I keep my agilekeychain in /users/[username]/Dropbox/1password/

So far I get the same error message re Master Password on both iPhone 4 and iPad...
  • BBodie21
    edited December 1969
    FWIW I just resolved the issue by going to the 1P app in OSX and moving the agilekeyhain to the "1PasswordSync" Folder in Dropbox... now all works fine on Ipad & iPhone.
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    BBodie21 wrote:
    FWIW I just resolved the issue by going to the 1P app in OSX and moving the agilekeyhain to the "1PasswordSync" Folder in Dropbox... now all works fine on Ipad & iPhone.

This is great to hear!

It could also be that our friends at Dropbox made a few changes on their servers.
  • face
    face
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    same here, HURRAH !
    move 1P (OSX) into 1PasswordSync.
    Now all my items are slowing sending to Dropbox and i can see on my mac update growl files notifications.
    (just to be clearer i've reset on my iPad the Dropbox sync to make 1P works)
  • face
    face
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    some questions
    1) may i delete sync devices from 1P on my mac ?
    there're only for wifi sync or also for dropbox synx ?
    2) some hundreds items in my 1P: is it normal it takes so long (approax 1 second for each item)?
    and is normal all files are updated to the latest version ?
    3) the sync will start each time i'll access to my 1P on iPad, is it correct ?
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    face wrote:
    some questions
    1) may i delete sync devices from 1P on my mac ?
    there're only for wifi sync or also for dropbox synx ?

Yes. And you can always add them back later if you decide to use Wi-Fi sync again.
    They are only used for Wi-Fi sync.

face wrote:

2) some hundreds items in my 1P: is it normal it takes so long (approax 1 second for each item)?
    and is normal all files are updated to the latest version ?

The sync speed is about 1-2 items per second. We couldn't find a way to improve this so far.

face wrote:
    3) the sync will start each time i'll access to my 1P on iPad, is it correct ?

Sync will start automatically every time you unlock 1Password or edit/add item on iPad/iPhone.
  • face
    face
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    thanks for the reply
    i think you should find a workaround to make the iPhone - iPad turn on until the first syncing is finished.
    my iPhone close itself and now the syncing begins, again ...
  • face
    face
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    There's still something wrong
    Each time i access on my iPhone, iPad 1P pro the dropbox sync start again .... sending again ALL the items, again into Dropbox.
    Anyone ???
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    face wrote:
    There's still something wrong
    Each time i access on my iPhone, iPad 1P pro the dropbox sync start again .... sending again ALL the items, again into Dropbox.
    Anyone ???

I am not sure what could be wrong. Do you see new files added to Dropbox on your Mac (growl notifications)?
  • Soliah
    Soliah
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    BBodie21 wrote:

I did this and now it's working fine. I had to retry a few times but it's synced fine now.
  • rburgst
    rburgst
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Am seeing the same issue, whenever I press sync in the iphone, it sends up ALL 500 items which takes 2,5 ages (I can watch my beard grow)
  • face
    face
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    roustem wrote:
    I am not sure what could be wrong. Do you see new files added to Dropbox on your Mac (growl notifications)?

yes i see growl notifications
    every time i startup 1p on ipad - iphone the syncronization begins, again and again ....
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    face wrote:
    yes i see growl notifications
    every time i startup 1p on ipad - iphone the syncronization begins, again and again ....

We found a problem which seems to be happening to users outside of North America (or with non-English locale). We'll be submitting a bug fix later today.
  • ripper
    ripper
    Community Member
    edited August 2010
    I finally got this to work after continually getting the Master Password error I click on the account line where my email address is and re-entered my password and now its syncing but it seems to be saying "conflicted copy" for all my password entries...is this normal? I have like 1400+ items to sync
  • ripper wrote:

I finally got this to work after continually getting the Master Password error I click on the account line where my email address is and re-entered my password and now its syncing but it seems to be saying "conflicted copy" for all my password entries...is this normal? I have like 1400+ items to sync

It is nothing to worry about, we are working on adding a conflict resolver in the next update for 1Password for Mac. What is happening is that Dropbox is noticing two different time modifications of same file and so in order to make sure no data is lost, it will sync the most recent change and leave the second copy as "conflicted copy".
  • ripper
    ripper
    Community Member
    Thanks for the info
This discussion has been closed.