re-install 1password 7

Options

this is followup: somewhere along the line 1password icon dissapeared from the system tray. a WIN10 update caused it. could find no way to get it back to system tray. one of your techs suggested re-installing 1password. re-ran the install.exe but this didn't help. should i have uninstalled the entire 1password before running the installation program? was afraid if i uninstalled first, that i would loose my data.

1Password Version: 7.x
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: WIN10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• While your data survives an uninstall, @djmares, I don't think there would be a definite need to uninstall first. I'd expect rerunning setup to restore anything that might have got rid of that icon. Without the context of the previous discussion, I might be suggesting repeats here, but have you tried a simple reboot? Typically, that icon getting cleared is the result of Explorer getting restarted. Next time you reboot, it should correct itself if that's the case. Ending 1Password from task manager and launching it again can also help. Finally, if you've not checked Windows' system tray settings to make sure 1Password is enabled there, that's a good thing to take a look at as well. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.