Main Vault Password

Options
isanaveira
isanaveira
Community Member

I can’t sync between iPhone and iPad because it says that I need the password of the main vault, and I don’t remember it

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.4.4
Sync Type: i Cloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @isanaveira! Welcome to the forum!

I am sorry to hear about this. For your privacy and security, your Master Password is not stored anywhere, only you know it. This means that it is not possible to recover it unless you are a member of a Families or Business accounts. If you have an Individual account or a standalone license, I recommend reading this article to try and recover your Master Password.

If, on the other hand, you are part of a Families or Business account, you can ask another Admin to recover your account for you.

• isanaveira
    isanaveira
    Community Member
    Options

I do not know if I explained myself well: I can enter the app, for that I do have and know the password. The problem is that it does not synchronize (via iCloud) the iphone apps with ipad, because when I want to activate it it asks me for the password of the main vault, and that is not the same as the one I use to access the App.
    I downloaded my App from the family account

• isanaveira
    isanaveira
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, first, thank you very much for your quick attention!

• isanaveira
    isanaveira
    Community Member
    Options

but my husband tells me that he uses 1password without 1 password account

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@isanaveira:

I can enter the app, for that I do have and know the password. The problem is that it does not synchronize (via iCloud)
    I downloaded my App from the family account

If you have a 1Password Families account, and a separate vault on iCloud, it is entirely possible that those two vaults are using different Master Passwords. When you create a Families account, you are asked to choose a Master Password for that account: if you choose a different one than the one you use to unlock the app, you will then need to make sure you remember both.

So in this case, if you want to sync your iCloud vault, you need to enter the Master Password for that vault, which seems to be different from the other one you know and that you are using to unlock the 1Password app, based on what you described.

Have you maybe considered inviting your husband to your Families account, and migrate the iCloud vault to the account? This way you would not have to use two different sync methods, which only make things more complicated.

This discussion has been closed.