1password versus 1password x on Firefox

Recently Firefox crashed and lost the 1password addon. When I went to re-add, I would up with 1password x instead. After trying for a very short time to get 1password x working properly, I determined it was different than the 1password addon I had for Firefox prior to the Fiirefox crash and found the original 1password add on and reverted to it.
Question: What is the difference and why would I use "x" versus just the 1password add on? Does it apply to those of us using an enterprise account with a family account tied to that enterprise account?
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BG56!

Question: What is the difference and why would I use "x" versus just the 1password add on?

1Password X does not require the desktop app to work, it's a completely independent extension that communicates with your 1Password account directly. It's useful for Linux users, for example, or for Windows users in a business environment where you are not allowed to install any apps on your devices. A lot of users prefer using 1Password X over the regular extension anyway, if they can install the desktop app, so it's up to you to decide which one to use.

Does it apply to those of us using an enterprise account with a family account tied to that enterprise account?

Yes. If you have any 1Password Membership, you can use either extension. If you don't have a Membership, you can only use the traditional browser extension.

This discussion has been closed.